- March 18 2021Jazz-Rock remix by FrankieJ feat. mpointon Track # 213279Gravy and Biscuits
- November 30 2020Jazz jam feat. remix by mpointon on Mixer & Drums Track # 204354Purple Clouds (OliV Remix)
- September 14 2020Pop remix by jhonrobert feat. mpointon Track # 198334Didn't Expect You Too! 2
- August 23 2020Jazz-Rock remix by OliVBee feat. mpointon Track # 196970Lucky Charm - Pewi Flute solo mix
- November 09 2019Electronic remix by jussef63 feat. mpointon Track # 175576Maybe this way
- September 05 2019Blues remix by marmotte feat. mpointon Track # 171003Broken
- August 26 2019Jazz remix by OliVBee feat. mpointon Track # 170283Summer Breeze - Fivestringer mix
- July 28 2019Jazz-Rock jam feat. remix by mpointon on Drums Track # 168337The Wheel Of Life - Oli Mix
- June 22 2019Funk jam feat. remix by mpointon on Mixer Track # 165980Fisco Dunky
- June 03 2019Pop remix by Tofzegrit feat. mpointon Track # 164629Pianissimo Fusionare
- May 09 2019Rock remix by ivax feat. mpointon Track # 163164Velvet Sun IV el Reencuentro
- February 27 2019Jazz-Rock remix by Tofzegrit feat. mpointon Track # 158701Half Terms (Mix/edit)
- September 15 2018Jazz remix by OliVBee feat. mpointon Track # 146678Two Suns - Fivestringer mix
- October 28 2017Samba remix by nadrek feat. mpointon Track # 119970Let's Party!
- September 18 2016Jazz remix by marmotte feat. mpointon Track # 84108Relax Just A Little + BackVocs
- August 28 2016Blues remix by OliVBee feat. mpointon Track # 81987My Key Blues - Martin mixed
- May 17 2016Rock remix by Wade feat. mpointon Track # 73268Crumbled Universe...Yum!
- April 14 2016Rock remix by allan1970 feat. mpointon Track # 70100Waves of emotion
- February 09 2016Jazz remix by JDF feat. mpointon Track # 64223Day Tripper
- September 12 2015World jam feat. remix by mpointon on Drums Track # 49551The Boy Don't Live Here
- March 02 2015Funk remix by Tofzegrit feat. mpointon Track # 34178Mid Tern
I'm bald. I play drums. What's not to like? (probably lots!)
Been playing around 35 years on and off. Worked professionally in my early '20s after graduating from Musician's Institute (MI) in London but unfortunately ended up in software development not long after in order to make a decent living. Still there. But I got to the age of 48 and ditched my home country of the UK and moved to Spain. Because my home country has become a massive guff of nativist clots. I plan never to return to the UK if I can help it.
But drums (along with flying gliders) has been and always will be my primary interest. I gig with a Pink Floyd tribute band and run a YouTube drumming channel called 'Stick To The Pocket' but don't keep it up-to-date enough at all. Apart from that, Wikiloops is my primary musical outlet and ongoing musical guide. I'm always striving to improve my playing and learn as much as I can. You're never too old or too experienced to learn new things from other musicians.
I'm also a former Staff Writer for the UK's Rhythm Magazine way back in the hazy days of the mid-nineties!
You might think all you do is 'give back' when you're experienced but I'm always learning here.
- 8-Piece Yamaha 9000 (Recording Custom) all-birch kit in rare Cobalt Blue. Sizes are: 22x16, 18x16, 16x16, 14x12, 13x11, 12x10, 10x10, 8x8. All drums using Remo Ambassador coated heads
- Spaun four-piece all-maple kit. Sizes are: 22x18, 16x14, 12x8.
14x4.5 1964 Ludwig 400 Supraphonic (my default snare)
14x5 Yamaha 8000 mahogany
14x5 Handmade (by me!) Premier Birch/Eucalyptus XPK
13x3 Pearl Brass Piccolo
- Alesis SamplePad Pro (cheap Octapad copy!). Mostly used for doing the rototoms on 'Time'!
Tambourine, LP egg shaker, blue and red LP Jam Blocks and other assorted percussion
- 2 x Shure SM57 for snare and a spare, sometimes bottom mic
- 2 x Audio-Technica AT-8118 gooseneck tom mics
- 2 x Audio-Technica AT-8030 condenser overheads
- 2 x Nordell Audio condensers for overheads / hi-hat
- 4 x Nordell Audio generic cardoids
- 1 x Nordell Audio Kick cardoid
- 3 x generic goosneck clip-on tom mics
- 1 x AKG D112 Kick mic
I appreciate this is way more kit than I need but I also deal with the live sound for my band so the gear lives with me.
- Tascam Model 24 mixing desk and 22-in recording interface
- Terratec 8-in Firewire interface (now secondary and only works with my Mac)
- 6-in compact mixer for occasions when the Model 24 isn't enough
- Dell desktop core i7 running Reaper and loads of plugins including Waves Gold suite v9 and Izotope
- 2015 MacBook Pro Retina running Reaper. Not used much as half my plugins won't work since moving to Catalina
- Enough cables to start my own bungee jumping company
- No neighbours
January 1 1973
|Fans: (received thumbs)||13,407|
"The future of artistic collaboration is global, not local! Wikiloops will one day be the facebook of music. let's keep it away from corporate BS!"