Home » Forum » Open mic at the Blue Iguana »
How to get motivated (when not)

How to get motivated (when not)

posted on #21
GemmyF
One Needs to have a variety of musical influences to be able to hear them in their playing.
Just to listen to one style of music will give your music a one dimensional sound.(despite the skill level you/I am on)

There are so many great players and skill level players here but--------- hey seems like so many get stuck in songs they play on and style they play----
That's because the range of music they/we hear is not wide enough.

I'm talking from Classical pieces to some of the great bands that are playing today(YES THERE ARE PLENTY---and THEY don't get played on the radio) and then so many "classic bands from the 60s and 70s and yes some in the 80's) there are bands that didn't get overplayed on the radio from each time that were the true geniuses of the time.

Enjoy that- don't emulate --just enjoy music --it will come out!!!!!!!<3<3

Try some styles that you aren't used to!!!!!!!!!

A list of some of these bands are in my profile page on the about me---of course I might have left out Savoy Brown(Kimbo) or Shearwater(album Animal Life--listen to all of it)(Inkless, Grooventh, and my Song writing Friend Adu) or John Martyn(Thanks to Gary McMillian suggestion for me to listen to) or the Dukes of the Stratosphere(XTC's ode to 60s music--all original)
posted on #22
GemmyF
adu wrote:
Music is not a competition, wikiloops not at all! Music is art. :) I hope all of you will understand me right! ;)

Art is an expression of one's inner life that is unique yet universal....and the "Best" art is the expression of this.....matters not on skill or technique yet that too is to be admired.

So may we all learn to find the zone of letting the flow of the inner life to be expressed.

The more we practice this the free - er we become in this Art making!

It is sort of like free falling yet at the same time flying
and trusting what we have(see my previous post) and that it will come out mingled with all we have!:D
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Gracias a todos por ayudarme a ser mejor músico =) Thanks you all for helping me to be a better muscician
ladybass from Spain

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy.