ALBUM DISCUSSIONS

posted on #21
User Avatar Member
In the same period of the beginning of the group Pat Metheney (middle 70) there was also the group Oregon less known but not less creative!
Here is a composition of this group that in my opinion fits very well with the spirit of Wikiloops ...
https://youtu.be/mjjBjGRPCLw

[youtube]mjjBjGRPCLw[/youtube]
posted on #22
User Avatar Member
StJray wrote:
In the same period of the beginning of the group Pat Metheney (middle 70) there was also the group Oregon less known but not less creative!
Here is a composition of this group that in my opinion fits very well with the spirit of Wikiloops ...

This immediately brought to mind the Paul Winter album, Common Ground.... Now I come to understand the founder of Oregon played in the Paul Winter Consort. Thank you for sharing this because I'd forgotten about these folks :D

[youtube]Say8WENrwwg[/youtube]
Edited by moonchild on March 01 2018 02:07
Love and blessings to you on your path!
posted on #23
You never heard of them but this band is always in my rotation.

Rhys Fulber is a studio prodigy and basically discovered Sinead Oconner, Sarah Mclacalan and even more importantly discovered my favorite female vocalist , Poe.

State of the art studio wizardry with female vocalists doing the most amazingly beautifully melodic head trip music.

[youtube]aiXBz3eyek0[/youtube]
Edited by LeftTheLoops9-18 on March 01 2018 07:46
posted on #24
User Avatar Member
moonchild wrote:
StJray wrote:

This immediately brought to mind the Paul Winter album, Common Ground.... Now I come to understand the founder of Oregon played in the Paul Winter Consort. Thank you for sharing this because I'd forgotten about these folks :D

[youtube]Say8WENrwwg[/youtube]

Yes, indeed one of the members of the group, but in comparison to Pat Metheny, the one in Oregon group that attracted the most attention by his creativity, is the excellent guitarist and pianist Ralph Towner.
posted on #25
YES about Ralph Towner! "Open Letter" by him is very good album. Spent hours and hours with that album.

I was enjoying the Grateful Dead album lately Terrapin Station- which has songs that don't seem like what one might think are sounds of the Grateful Dead-ish --- especially songs "Estimated Prophet", "Sunrise" and "Terrapin Station Medley" which is a 16 minute song" Sunrise has a female vocalist, quite good. The medley has SOME MOST excellent Studio musicians Orchestra and Jerry Garcia's Vocals remind me of George Harrison, yet also sound like a Jethro Tull -"Thick as a Brick" styled composition or Moody Blues
--Man the drums are beautiful---Something for everyone in the Medley! Has a choir too! Woodwinds.....

They even do a super tight "Dancing in the Streets" with some great parts--sure inspiration to find parts in a composition.
Edited by Leftdaloops1019 on March 01 2018 22:15
posted on #26
User Avatar Member
[youtube]8EJcmx9G2T0[/youtube]
posted on #27
User Avatar Member
I don't know much, but that's one of my favourite songs...:P
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
Shi

"Wikiloops gives me the chance to enjoy making original music with so many talented musicians and have fun and be creative too. It's amazing !"

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy ..