Home »Forum»Open mic at the Blue Iguana »Video collab of wikiloops jammers?

video collab of wikiloops jammers?

posted on #21
Founder
for those unfamiliar with logging on to an ftp-server, you may use this site recommended by FreshFunk to get large video files across:

[url]https://www.filemail.com/[/url]

- those going for the ftp-solution, please request log in details by PM!
posted on #22
User Avatar Member
Here's the Vid Link again ! Maybe it's easier to find , a lot of users have been looking for it..

[url]http://www.wikiloops.com/wikilonians.php[/url]

edit: would be cool to add the city or the area, the people are living in, to the description of the vid.
it's kind of boring, if we just have Germany 3 times or something like that. Just an advice or idea...
Edited by Pete-Silence on May 20 2012 23:56
keep on Jammin'
posted on #23
User Avatar Member
Where to send on what... I'm on some big train that slow down my brain right now so I need help on that video thing, what to be in and on and need some precise direction for slow brain guy, right now, so slow... :)
posted on #24
User Avatar Member
Take the beat (383) , add 8 bars of drummin maybe , film it, and send the vid and the mp3 to Dick. Or upload it on the ftp Server. You need to PM Dick to get the access to the server. Dick will cut and mix the vid and mp3.

Greetz Pete
keep on Jammin'
posted on #25
Founder
... just added adam, chrisB and PeterVeillon ...
tuff job on the synching and levelling, its all in a beta state right now, but lookin good :)

sorry forsome harsh cutting on the longer vids, hope thats ok... man, adams vid blew me away... is it OK if he appears twice?! hey, its adam!

if the vid takes forever to load, I'll do a smaller version for the web next time... let me know...
posted on #26
User Avatar Member
Loaded up fast and play perfect on IE8 and Chrome as well.

I smiled through the entire video, very very cool to see you guys play and I Can never get to much Adam, such a original musician amazing. The same for everyone involved. :)
posted on #27
Founder
get over it and send in some harp!
seriously people, this is getting really cool, so please let me know who'll be sending stuff so I can grab an idea how much will be comin in!
posted on #28
User Avatar Member
Damned - it is absolutely impossible for me to play on funk....
Get it guys - have some fun!!;)
Tha bass has to be a lil louder...!
posted on #29
Founder
@basster - no one said this was funk only...and bears beat is quite one-size-fits-all, so if you want, I can do a two bars bear only break and then you start a rocky remix?!

I've been thinking to do a little windowed baer rocking in some parts, so thoose with not as trained ears will get a hint its all based on the same beat... whatcha think?
posted on #30
User Avatar Member
sorry if it was said somewhere...but what are the riffs/chords in the bit that is done so far?
posted on #31
Founder
lol, thats a secret simmer :)

er, I dont have a clue (I know I should have)
its in baer minor... no.
er... lemme get that bass real quick...
er, yes A it is, lol what a surprise...
hope that helps a little...
ever thought about try n error mate? lol
posted on #32
User Avatar Supporter
whats the deadline on this project dick?
posted on #33
User Avatar Supporter
whats the deadline on this project dick?been out of action for a couple of weeks due to a runin with a frying pan lol
Edited by davebee on May 23 2012 17:19
posted on #34
User Avatar Member
Hi Dick,
i think it is a great idea to make ab other project at the same time ;) So there is the chance for people who don`t like funk to be a part of this great project too.
You could let play a new track by bear or we took a ready project and everyone could play on it.
posted on #35
Founder
OK, time for an update (sorry, no video update yet, to take that hope away...)

Its about time to draw a deadline, for with any new addittion I will have to start the cutting process over and over again, while the finetuning cannot be done before all parts are ruffly arranged... so, it would be cool if you would send in all video material untill sunday evening, then I can finish it on monday.

Status Quo: We have ten Members appearing so far (thanks guys, I wont tell who all send stuff to create a little more suspense ;) call me dick), with my little entry speech it will be round 3:30 playing time so far.
All contributios exept adam and peterveillon remixed my bassline, so this is about noodled out after three minutes... if you'd like to jump this collab, I'd suggest we'd do a startover / change of theme after peterveillons clip (its out there already, have another look to see what I'm talking about).
I'd accept some scratches or horns on the bassline given, guitars should better offer alternative chords, or the thing will get too monotonous... all open for contrary suggestions.

To be straight forward about bassters request for a paralell project -
no way to do it.
I wont say this is the last video collab we will do, but you dont have a clue how much work this is.
I will have spent 30 hours for communication and editing the 3:30 min video clip my friend, I simply couldnt handle the workload theese days. Sorry for this straight 'no', as long as I need to get my "normal" job done and want to see some sunlight once every week, I cant offer more projects like this at this time...

In the end, I will not only have converted all kinds of video material sent in, but I also have to take apart sound and video entirely, do two seperate cutting jobs and then go back and synch pic and sound again. Then add the subtexts, final rendering ... thats a days work still to come if it shall be a cool result.

Hey folks, I do want you in this vid, and no submission shall be left out, in respect for your time invested. I know some just wont find the time to do it now, and I will add more content to the video as it dripples in ... you would make my job a whole lot easier, if you'd take care of the structurizing yourself fellows. What I mean? If I finish a first final version this weekend, I'll set peter last before the end (as is) - just accept that you will be added AFTER peter, then I dont have to cut everything prior again. That being said, you can take all the time you need and maybe team up in pairs or trios to add more than one instrument to the soundtrack again - if you use baers beat as a click, you can play a metal drumset of eight bars on top, I am pro diversity :)
Just tell me whos planning what, so I dont have too much extra work, and please dont be offended if you wont be on the first public version, thats all I am asking.

Fellows, I hope you do understand, I hate to say no to creative ideas, but I dont like to make promises I cant keep either. If theres someone else who'd like to do the cutting job, I'd gladly help out with webspace for filesharing and maybe a similar labeling / subtext design ...

if you send video, please send the recordings audio seperately as mp3 file - better send your instruments recorded only, than I do the remixing on the drums (or whatever you tell me) here to achieve similar base sounds.

thanks for this great project,
you'll love it :)

p.s.
sorry to hear about that frying pan incident man :) I got news pete-silences hurt a little too theese days... get well soon fellas!
Edited by Dick on May 25 2012 01:01
posted on #36
User Avatar Member
Aaahh - now i understand you Dick! I have already seen the up to date video and the options we have to play. I hope i can make a video for this cool jam too ;)
posted on #37
Founder
OK, spring 2012 final cut online tonight...

hope yall like it, its been a ride.
posted on #38
User Avatar Member
killer miller. i love the vid. you did a great job Dick, thanks for that ! Was a lot of work for you but the result is it !
keep on Jammin'
posted on #39
User Avatar Supporter
class job,well done!
posted on #40
Yeahman, and thanks Dick - good job :)
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
moonchild from Puerto Rico

"Thank you for this wonderful opportunity to explore, learn and co-create internationally at any time of day! :D"

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy ..