Home »Forum»Open mic at the Blue Iguana »Video collab of wikiloops jammers?

video collab of wikiloops jammers?

posted on #41
User Avatar Member
that was an amazing job Dick....I like this video...hope I can find time for the next video if you want to make this..... We are burn for this...like Simmerdown and other... I know, next time, equal which Festival or Club gig I have....I will record a video to the next videojam...thanks Dick :)
posted on #42
User Avatar Member
Well done, like your funky kitchen;)
posted on #43
Founder
thx scriptura, hope my cutting of you alls vids is OK with you, had to cut some parts from everyone to keep it watchable, hope noone is missing their favorite part now :)

look like the vid is getting nice responses out on the web so far, it'll be funny to watch the "fame" this might (or might not) have on the networks :)

I had a little thinking what to make of the video colab in the future.
I think it would be wise to always send the single instrument audio to one guy doing the sound mix, that approach really helped to get the good result. And -since this turned out a little too funky for some - it would be nice to have a general style agreement before starting another video project.

As a creative being, I had the idea of a wikiloops-santa-clause-collab, with everyone wearin Santa costume (no musical preferrences attached to that idea yet) when the season is approaching.
I guess I'll pass the summer-jam-reggae-video collab this year, but that was another theme that came in mind. A god old "blue-iguana"-Blues collab would be great too, and of course we need a banging metal vid one day (baer just dont do it...sorry guys). If you'd like t get notice of coming up video collabs, please give me a 'Yay!' in this thread and I'll make sure you wont miss when its time again!

thanks again for this great experience of worldwide, high tech creativity, its an honor to serve you guys with my .02 :)
posted on #44
User Avatar Member
i'm in for the next vid guys ! Loving the idea
keep on Jammin'
posted on #45
Founder
hey!

I have just started the call for another video collaboration of wikiloops members! On the occasion of the third wikiloops birthday, Baer and me have recorded a little session-starter to get things going, hope some of you like the idea and come on board :)

to those who have not been around the last time we did something similar, have a look at the famous [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3x4UyCatQs]"wikilonians"-video[/url] we made in 2012 - this one will work the same way.

You may grab yourself baers drums [url=http://www.wikiloops.com/backingtrack-jam-616.php]here[/url] or my humble bass remix [url=http://www.wikiloops.com/backingtrack-jam-16895.php]here[/url] and do your thing - feel free to share the audio remix as you are used to, and please send me the video file to info(at)wikiloops.com.

If your video file is pretty big and you do not have a dropbox account or something alike to send it by, let me know and I can open you an access to upload the video to wikiloops.

I will cut all send in videos to make one final version representing anyone who cared to join, really looking forward to your creative results! Hope no one feels turned away because we chose a kind of swingy thing to start with, as always, feel free to take it wherever you want, all creative freedom given!

Edit:
just to add some info:
you are free to play whatever instrument - just let the basic drumtrack keep the tempo for all of us. If you want to do something on top of the b-day-bass, thats cool, if you want to do something diffrent, that is cool, too :)
It would be nice if you could try to stick around "A" if you do diffrent melodies, so it will not sound too disharmonic when i cut the diffrent parts together in the end.
If there are any questions, feel free to ask!
Edited by Dick on March 30 2014 19:23
posted on #46
aaaaaall right here we go !!!! :D
expect something from at some point ! ;)
clusters Clusters CLUSTERS !!!!!!
posted on #47
Founder
i sure do!
including funky pants! lol
posted on #48
dun start me :P
clusters Clusters CLUSTERS !!!!!!
posted on #49
User Avatar Member
Since I was on the last one I'll sit this one out but I must say it was a lot of fun an I look forward to seeing you guys in action. Best of luck
posted on #50
User Avatar Member
nice idea! I'll try to make my modest contribution:)
posted on #51
User Avatar Member
already on its way:)
posted on #52
Founder
hey ho, me again...

OK, now, to make it short - it might not have been a good idea to lead you on the "happy b-day"-path here, for it seems that on this planet a company named Warner does feel it has some rights on the song... you can have a look at the wikipedia article on the topic if you like, bottom line, whatever we will do should be obviously diffrent from this song to prevent any questions or undesired legal consequences :(
Now, since I have received some VERY NICE contributions that are within the "danger zone", I will do as follows:
There will be an entirely inofficial version of the video, available only to those who participated and including anything I have received.
If now some of you would like to take Baers drums (616) as a start-off and simply ignore what I did, maybe we can have a warner-proof official version, too - its up to you :)

sorry for the mess guys... looks like the rights will expire in 2016 in europe, we can still use the material for the 5th wiki bday then :D
posted on #53
User Avatar Member
lol I am so glad this is happening again - at least I hope I'm not too late!

I love the one you did in 2012. I have done this kind of thing before (with some iCompers for a charity) called Many Hands Many Voice (you can see it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7Yr02-3Ut8). It was a great experience and I still love seeing the video and you've reminded me of that. (I do a verse I wrote after the rapper and before the big finale.)

Anyway, it would be nice to be in this since WikiLoops is my favorite hangout these days. :D

Carla

P.S. Are you still doing happy b-day or…?
Carla J. Patterson
aka Carla Cryptic
posted on #54
User Avatar Supporter
sounds great lets make it hapen at wikkifest.
posted on #55
User Avatar Member
Sigh. I meant to do it but the whole happy birthday thing didn't work for me. I'll have to wait till there's something else on offer. I do wish WL a happy birthday, I'm just totally and absolutely sick of the Happy Birthday song! lol ;)
Carla J. Patterson
aka Carla Cryptic
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
Waltermelo from Madagascar

"This is the best source of jamming material around, and I love how easy it is to collab! Happy New Years!"

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy ..