Home » Forum » Open mic at the Blue Iguana »
Video collaboration project 2018 introduction

Video collaboration project 2018 introduction

posted on #61
OliVBee Supporter
Tu wrote:
when will there be a Blues Video?

never !! there will never be a blues video since blues became illegal in Europe last fall ...
just kidding ! hope a blues crew is working on that ! ;)
+1
posted on #62
Dick Supporter
*bump*
Tu wrote:
when will there be a Blues Video?

As you will hopefully have seen on the wikiloops homepage or in the latest site-news,
the blues video went live a couple of days ago :)

Here is the link in case you have missed it for some reason:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxTSZeIlr94

I'll get busy cutting up the reggae video next, that ended up with a total of 10 (!) participants, so it's going to be quite the cutting fest :)
Next after that, I'm hoping the "songo" group will finish up, which is also coming about tastalicious... some of the individual videos are so cool, it really itches me to share previews, but I'll have to keep them for some more time... too good!
I've got to admit that releasing one video per 14days seems to be a realistic pace of going about, such a 4-6 participants video can easily take 2-3 working days for cutting and rendering the images, plus the sound mixing...
but don't read that as a complaint, it's just expectable, and I'm truly happy to be able to put these clips together.
I do feel they allow yet another view on who we are and what we do on wikiloops, and -judging by the members feeback on my news posts- that seems to be appreciated quite a lot.
From my experience, such videos also gain a certain type of documentary value once a few years have passed by.
In german, we have this saying along the lines of "we will never meet this young again"(peple say that before leaving parties), and there is some wisdom to that I guess.
Good thing to have these videos of the wikiloopers 2018, and - even tho it does / did add a lot of extra stress and organizational issues, I'm absolutely happy the "open format" (as in "anyone can join the video project") got so many, and so many quite different people involved.
Doing a "casted" video-collab would have definetly been awhole lot easier,
but would have never caught the diverse flavors the way the current series does.

I hope you guys and girls out there are enjoying this as much as I am, and please don't forget to show the participants some <3 for stepping up and representing their musical flavor!

Last, I won't end without stating one last time that you could still group up & join the video series...
I feel we are still missing some purely acoustic group, and I know Herman420 and some other folks are keen to get some real metal thing going... it's open - but looking at the amount of time the othergroups have been needing to finish off their collabs, I must admit that it really is high time to get started.
As the blues video has already demonstrated in a good way, takingpart in the video series doesn#t necessaryly mean one has to appear "in person"- I did like slins approach with the animated singer verymuch, and there are several other creative solutions to that coming up in the reggae video as well...
just get in touch with me if you are up to get something going!

all the best for tonight
Richard
+3
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Cabinet for Electric Guitar
169 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #63
Shi Supporter
Nice work :) really looking forward to seeing the next instalment ! :)
+2
posted on #64
BuzzBomber
The completed projects sound really good!

I gotta say tho, I must be having a long series of "duh moments" , i do not understand at all how one would join one of these projects.

Typically on the 'Loops i listen for something that strikes me and jump in. How or where do these projects exist, or do/did i need to join (a group) first? Or something else? (that is to say: where is phase III as refered to in the first post of this thread taking place?)
>>Phase III Now, once the structure of the collaboration is settled, the groove + harmony template will go public, so anyone else can listen in and decide to join that jam. Anyone who shows interest is added to the private band space.<<<

How did everyone else figure this out?

Anyway, the completed ones sound really good!
+2
posted on #65
Dick Supporter
BuzzBomber wrote:
Typically on the 'Loops i listen for something that strikes me and jump in. How or where do these projects exist, or do/did i need to join (a group) first? Or something else? (that is to say: where is phase III as refered to in the first post of this thread taking place?)
>>Phase III Now, once the structure of the collaboration is settled, the groove + harmony template will go public, so anyone else can listen in and decide to join that jam. Anyone who shows interest is added to the private band space.<<<

How did everyone else figure this out?

Heya Buzz, good someone dares to ask that question, behind one guy who asks, there are always at least 23 people who had the same question but didn't :)

You are correct, despite all well thought of plannings and instructions,
the groups so far kinda skipped the intended phase III and settled who would do which part in which order before starting to film, so,
by the time I had thought we'd put the songs in phase III, most were already fixed.

I must admit I'm not all unhappy with this approach, because it does help get things done, while making sure we don't end up with any template videos which are dangling in the air...
I've downoaded the final video for the songo track tonight, so, that group took two months to get the video job done. No problem with that at all, I'm just pointing out why i'm happy we didn't have extra time spent going thru phase III, you know :)

So, bottom line is: The best way to go about is to round up the folks you'd like to create a video with and get their promises they'll do video prior to starting a group. Take whatever they promise by 4 time wise and you have a chance to see the finished video if you keep bugging them to actually do it :)
It's the common "working hard to let it look like fun" kinda situation...

Seriously, many thanks to the people motoring or starting off the groups, you are awesome!
+2
posted on #66
BuzzBomber
So, first, this all sounds like a lot of (extra)work, so thanks for doing the extra to make it happen. The way it has laid out sounds like it addressed some issues, so that is good!

Second, from the likes and responses I have gotten, yes i am not the only one challenged in figuring this out, so i am glad i asked.

Last, I would likely join a project - but i prolly won't start one. I just don't think i have that kind of traction. I know, i know... But if the past is a guide, and i kick one off, you will have 4 squares of me and an image of a drum machine... haha- ish

seriously though, the completed ones are really good, and i am curious about those to come!
posted on #67
kimbo
so.. dick I see on facebook that the "blues" vid is up...no mention or link here..oversight?

ah haaaa just found the "stages" table... maybe put a "link" column in it?
+1
posted on #68
kimbo
Doghhhhhhh! Just noticed the completely separate forum post with the posts on.......sorry.
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #69
OliVBee Supporter
as a side note i think the different vids could be featured on wikiloops homepage :)
posted on #70
OliVBee Supporter
that would probably help the clip to get some extra views ;)
+1
posted on #71
BuzzBomber
Hey, could the existing (or other WL related) "video" drum templates be posted? (one could video themself[?] accompanied by just the audio) or perhaps the sequential templates? I can "ruin" any template into a Buzz Bomber song...

I just feel like the initial "rhythm section" is challenging...

just thinking aloud, do things that make sense
posted on #72
TeeGee Supporter
SOS guys, the Wiki Boogie video project needs a bass player. KImbo was supposed to play bass, but he cut his finger and won't be able to play for a while... so please, if there is someone here willing to step in front of the camera let us know. Save our Song :O
+1
the t.bone Ovid System CC 100
the t.bone Ovid System CC 100
Condenser Clip Microphone for Ovid System
49 €
posted on #73
TeeGee Supporter
OK, it seems Buzz as come to the rescue woohoo :) Let's see what happens next :)
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Great fun for all, a great way of learning to improvise. best musical web site I have come across, cannot put the guitar down now!
davidaustin from England

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy.