Home » Forum » Hey there... »
Welcome to wikiloops! Introduce yourself here!

Welcome to wikiloops! Introduce yourself here!

posted on #21
monkey
Thank you.

Open range and open minds, good thing our state has less than 1 million population - the results could be stupendous, erm, stupidious, no wait, strenuous.. umm... I like pie.

monkey.
posted on #22
sssteeve
My name is Steve. I believe that I was the first "steeve" or "steeve_a" on the internet back in 1998. :) As time moved on I'd find those names already taken if I tried to join another forum. So I was "ssteeve" for awhile but once that was taken I figured I might as well go all out with "sssteeve"- a reptilian name with a nice hiss to it!

I heard about wikiLOOPS from Janet and Felix (who is an amazing guitarist!)

I have been playing guitar since 1965. In 2010 I had to switch from regular guitar to steel guitar because of nerve damage to my left hand which is my fretting hand (the ring and little fingers went numb.) Surprise surprise- when I was checking last week I found that my left hand is working okay now. So it is just a matter of building up my callouses again and I'll be good to go.

I had a question for Dick. Can I upload tracks which are half guitar and half lap steel? I guess it would not be that different from a regular guitarist switching to slide in the middle of a song...

Here is a link to a folder on SoundCloud with the tracks from the demo I put together in 2004 using backing tracks from Band In The Pocket. (I am always searching for more backing tracks so its really cool that wikiLOOPS is here.)

[url]http://soundcloud.com/sssteeve/sets/blue-diamonds-from-the-blue-guitar/[/url]

Steve
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #23
Dick Supporter
hey ssssssteve, sorry for the late reply..

yeah, I guess its cool to mix lap & standard guitars... If you do a lot of lap, I can also add that as an option, but just go ahead for now!

happy jammin!

Dick
posted on #24
9thaspect
Hi Im Steve,

Played bass for about 30yrs on and off, just picked it up again after a long break. Had a hard time recently with a health issue but its cool because i have realised whats important in life, so I went out and bought a EB Stingray 5 and feel much better. TC Electric BH500 amp and now I am away again. :)
+6
posted on #25
Dick Supporter
hey steve,
and a warm welcome aboard to you :)
Since you mentioned it - I have a feeling many wikiloopers are in similar situations like yours, people lay off music for other life issues, then rediscover theres something missing, and thats where wikiloops offers us the chance to play, interact and get a share of music without having fixed appointments. What am I saying - welcome, welcome, its so good to feel people around the world are dealing with similar problems :)
posted on #26
abcdefg182
Hi! I'm a bassist from spain and just discovered this amazing site.

I'll mainly practice my poor improvisation skills but might upload some mix if I come with something decent. :P
posted on #27
Neal_Visher
Hey All,

Neal Visher here, just joined wikiloops - what a coool idea.. been a member of looperman.com for some time now and I'm lovign this site too.

I dabble in lots.. acoustic & electric guitar, electronics, djembe, little drums & midi keys, sometimes vocals etce. and I do acoustic, rock, electro-industrial, cinematic and some coool remixes.

I've got a couple up here so far:
---------------------------------
Electronic Sunshine (Electronic music? - Drum Track)
http://www.wikiloops.com/backingtrack.php?jamsession=6929

and

hallucinitrogenocide (Guitar track)
http://www.wikiloops.com/backingtrack.php?jamsession=6930

Feel free to mix & mangle - enjoy

Neal Visher
@3rdNippleMusic
posted on #28
Nordensgaard
Hey guys, im søren! and im 18 years old, been playing the guitar for 4 - 4½ years now! i play both the Classical guitar, and Electric guitar.

on the classical guitar i do indeed, play classical music, but FLAMENCO as well. i freaking love the aggression in the spanish music, + the left hand techniques is just "more-like-me" than the regular strumming. I never use picks for my classical guitar.

On the electric, well.. Death metal pretty much says it all. have some blues/soul experience as well.
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Cabinet for Electric Guitar
169 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #29
Shadoox
Hi!
I'm now living in France and i just discovered this pretty cool site.
What a cool experience to jam with people who aren't physically present and to get fun with them nevertheless. I've pay a quick visit and was impressed by the great jams done here. There's such good musicians!
About me, i'm strumming the six strings since two years now and i enjoy listening blues and blues-rock but i also like funk or jazz-rock music.
I'm going on my 18 and i hope i shall continue to progress ;)
posted on #30
Brunarca
Hi all wikiloopers..
I'm french, living "Arcachon", south west of France, sport teacher, nearly 40 years old. I 've been playing guitar when student, and then stopped, and play again for 7 years now, and was in reggae group too. i 've started playing bass since 1 year. Always autodidakt.
I like reggae first, but also every music style, pop, funk, classical guitar, unplugged, bossa...i appreciate listen metal too, but can't play it..
I've just discovered wikiloops ( was searching for drum loops on web to put in my jamman loopstation..) and find this site : a great idea! The musicians have a so good level that i didn't want to upload any remix, but finaly i think it's a good way for me to improve and read the comments and remarks. it's nice to discover great persons, great musicians, differents styles, various ideas.. I find everyone here very nice and thanks for "welcoming" me. see you on jams ! :)

Hi all ... i didn't come for few months, cause nursering my 2 little childs... i 'll be back soon when the storm 's gone away ! see you in 2014 and have good chrismas and new year ...
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
I've had tons of fun on here and met a lot of awesome musicians!
Reaper421 from Canada

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy.