Home »Forum»Hey there...»'needs a lead guitar...?'

'needs a lead guitar...?'

posted on #1
User Avatar Member
Hi all,

I'm just wondering how to find out of there's a section or a way to find backing tracks that just need some lead guitar to em without searching each and every track result in the main search?

Pls & ty
B)
DesignByNV - Music, Writing, Humor:
[url]http://www.3NM.ca[/url]
posted on #2
User Avatar Supporter
Hey Neal

I did my first steps by searching tracks without guitar.

I was not especially a good lead player and I figure out that I have also increased my chords playing skills.

So... ;)

Tof
posted on #3
User Avatar Supporter
Good advice!
Acousticeg
posted on #4
Neal, as someone who also plays lead, there is no easy way of finding tracks where just the lead is missing. What I do is search for tracks without any guitar, let's say with drums + bass and maybe vocals, and look at these trees to see what is possible. Another method is, I listen a lot to the "latest jams" wiki radio station, and when I hear something that I like I put it in my playlist - even if there is already a solo on it, and when I get the urge to play something I search my own saved playlist...

Another method you could use is look at some of our amazing guitarists such as our own RobM, he does a lot of solo tracks, and do your version of that track. I have to warn you though, whenever I hear one of Rob's tracks I feel like giving up playing guitar :D

Cheers, TG
posted on #5
User Avatar Member
hah, I hear ya on the giving up playing guitar lol, also used as inspiration on the other end of the see-saw ;)

I got the replies and thank ya's for the advice. Happy playing, thanks
DesignByNV - Music, Writing, Humor:
[url]http://www.3NM.ca[/url]
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
onewholeft

"Wikiloops is a must for ageing musicians like myself ! It has given me something to look forward to every day ! I have made may new great friends !"

Please note: As you are visiting wikiloops, any personal data that is being processed is treated in compliance to the European General Data Protection Regulation.
You may review our data privacy policy to learn how and why we are using Cookies and other techniques as we are providing our service to you.