Home »Forum»The Covid 19 thought exchange board»Opressed, Depressed, or an Opportunity?

Opressed, Depressed, or an Opportunity?

posted on #1
User Avatar Supporter
Many (most?) of us are now in a stay at home situation, which for many could be very depressing, especially if this is going to put pressure on you financially. I'm not going to say "don't worry, be happy", because that's just not real. However we can use the time rather than just sitting and moping. Some are obviously already doing this and it's showing up as more tracks being posted. Good! It would also be good if all these tracks are being enjoyed and listened to as this gives back to those individuals the feeling that they are not alone and part of a community that listens and cares.

To be specific, keep your spirits up by being involved, not only in playing, but listening and commenting as this ties us together and lets each of us know that we matter and are not being ignored. Isolation can be psychologically damaging. Reach out, listen and enjoy, as well as playing and taking part of being part of this unique and wonderful world-wide community.
You're only as old as you smell
posted on #2
User Avatar Member
Oh weird, this thread is like this one.
https://www.fr.wikiloops.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=2366&pid=17649#post_17649
If you read French ;)
http://forum.onlybass.com/
posted on #3
User Avatar Supporter
Evilvince wrote:
Oh weird, this thread is like this one.
https://www.fr.wikiloops.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=2366&pid=17649#post_17649

Unfortunately this comes up as "access forbidden".
You're only as old as you smell
posted on #4
User Avatar Supporter
Cheers Wade, totally agree that engaging and communing is good for both the individual and collective soul. We are also in restricted movement here in Malaysia, everywhere closed save for pharmacies, food and convenience stores, and takeaway food joints. TV and Broadband and friends keep us in touch, and me most thankful for them. We get through these things together. Rock on mi bro! :W;)
posted on #5
User Avatar Supporter
Hi Wade, of course I agree with you that it is important to support each other now, because this social distance is as unhealthy for us humans as the virus. Especially in times like these, creativity and empathy are needed.
I belong to those who have to work at this time, I work in nursing. Whenever I have a day off, like now, I listen to the new Traks. Unfortunately I have little free time at the moment­čśĆ
I hope that everyone is doing well and stays healthy.
Peter
posted on #6
User Avatar Supporter
Thank you Wade for highlighting music and sharing in these troubled times. Music is a strong medication for the body and the mind.
I would like to tell Peter that the work of the world's medical personnel is paramount at this time. The greatest artists who must compose are the doctors and the nurses ... All my admiration and my support
posted on #7
You guys are wonderful - thanks for this thread my friends :)
posted on #8
Founder
excellent post there, Wade!
I'm working on a site news update and have included some of your thoughts there.
Maybe you'll notice I have moved this thread into the newly created dedicated "Covid 19 thoughts" forum, and I have left a bit of explanation why I believe it is a good idea to do that to my initial post in that new forum, here:
https://www.wikiloops.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=2369

hope you'll understand why I feel that might be a good idea, no criticism towards your post at all.
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #9
Keeping things positive is a key to staying humans :)
clusters Clusters CLUSTERS !!!!!!
posted on #10
User Avatar Supporter
I join these extraordinary guys... [youtube]9zULp0wdijc[/youtube]
posted on #11
User Avatar Supporter
WOW :)

I am truly moved by this kind and selfless thought, friends :o

Thank you all and keep safe!

Thanks Joao for sharing that and thanks to Wolfgang for notifying me of this post :)
Do you wanna get funky with me?
posted on #12
User Avatar Supporter
Great! I love this a lot. :) Great, old and young come together to show "We are one!" Thanks for the link. :)
Rockin┬┤ in a free world !
posted on #13
User Avatar Supporter
@Wade: For me, the psychological damage is already here (bad episode of depression). Covid only makes it worse, on the other hand: My live seems to be as always: I don't go out so much, and if I do, I do it mostly alone.

But I agree, that actively taking part not only by playing but also by listening is a great idea. So, I think I just look for some tracks ans do some commenting now ;-)

Stay home, Stay safe and keep your sanity.

Andreas
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
boofella from Canada

"Such a great site to make music fun!"

Please note: As you are visiting wikiloops, any personal data that is being processed is treated in compliance to the European General Data Protection Regulation.
You may review our data privacy policy to learn how and why we are using Cookies and other techniques as we are providing our service to you.