Band camp

posted on #1
User Avatar Supporter
I red the post about exclusieve rights a few times but I'm not sure about it, supose I want to upload a track that I made al by my self on wikiloops is it aloud to upload it to bandcamp or soundcloud ?
music is the language all people understand so lets make music instead of war❤
posted on #2
User Avatar Supporter
I believe this article is a good place to start.

Try https://www.wikiloops.com/knowledge/things_to_think_about_before_granting_a_license.php

I looked this up because I've been interested in this subject, I thought the short answer was 'No.'. After reading this article, and not being schooled in much legal verbiage, the short answer seems to be 'It maybe possible, but you may need legal acumen to understand it'. Perhaps someone with legal-speak skills can translate.
Michael Bender
posted on #3
User Avatar Supporter
MikeB wrote:
I believe this article is a good place to start.

Try https://www.wikiloops.com/knowledge/things_to_think_about_before_granting_a_license.php

I looked this up because I've been interested in this subject, I thought the short answer was 'No.'. After reading this article, and not being schooled in much legal verbiage, the short answer seems to be 'It maybe possible, but you may need legal acumen to understand it'. Perhaps someone with legal-speak skills can translate.

Yes I looked it up to, but It's still not quite clear to me
music is the language all people understand so lets make music instead of war❤
posted on #4
User Avatar Supporter
I dug into this some more. I believe the answer lies in this bit of text:

'Seeing that I'm granting rights to two parties, does that mean I can grant unlimited co-existing licenses?

This question leads us towards another important aspect to licensing, which is described by dividing licenses into the categories "exclusive license" vs. "non-exclusive license".

To answer the question-at-hand up front, the wikiloops public license is non-exclusive, so the initial questions short answer is:
Yes, you can keep granting other licenses for tracks that you have licensed and published under the wikiloops public license, but you need to be aware of at least the following two factors.'

This was copied from a part of 'The wikiloops public license explained for creatives'.

The answer to me is unclear as well, but the text states that the wikiloops public
license is non-exclusive. This may mean that one could post to other sites depending
on their exclusivity laws.

I'd been dwelling on this for awhile back, with the given scenario. 'Oops, I've acted
like a newb, uploaded a track that isn't really in the wikiloops spirit. Nobody colloborates. And now, I may
have lost rights to that track which could be used elsewhere.'

Perhaps the owner, Richard, or a moderator can spell this out better. I too, am not
picking up on a clear answer in the legal documents.
Michael Bender
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
LuckyHarp from Italy

"Wonderful Idea."

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy ..