Home » Forum » Open mic at the Blue Iguana »
New wikiloops version 14 open for preview

New wikiloops version 14 open for preview

posted on #41
Dick Supporter
I also noticed the filesize gone wrong there, will have a look what's up with that. I'll walk down these issues, nothing really severe it seems to me - but send me whatever strikes you as odd, now that the big changeover has happened, fixing smaller issues is a piece of cake compared to ever before.
can't express how relieved I am this worked so comparably smoothly, once I get the release notes out you'll understand why.
+1
posted on #42
kmoon235 Supporter
I noticed tonight that that some of my replies to folks disappeared after posted them. I even did some twice with no luck.
Thought you should know-seemed fine yesterday.
the t.bone Ovid System CC 100
Condenser Clip Microphone for Ovid System
49 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #43
BooDoggie Supporter
I'm seeing a strange artifact in the top left corner of my profile page in the header graphic. Windows 10 64 bit latest update of Firefox browser with Malwarebytes browser guard active.
BooDoggie attached the following image:

I'm just a guy that had some gear and wanted to play music...
posted on #44
ivax Supporter
Today I made a payment through PayPal and I got an error, however they have subtracted it from my payment card. although it appears as pending payment...
I don't know if I will know how to upload the capture...I'll try
ivax attached the following image:

posted on #45
ivax Supporter
In my profile it does not appear updated either, the membership payment
ivax attached the following image:

posted on #46
Krasimir Supporter
Today i got following problem. Once download track,Adobe Audition system accepted as unsuported format. Tried old files and all ok. See attached and help.Tried again and can only download wav files instead of MP3.
Krasimir attached the following image:

Edited by Krasimir on April 28, 2023 at 9:19 AM
KrisBG
posted on #47
LittleWing Supporter
Confirmed working:
1. Issue with Edit Track not autopopulating "Description" or "Title" field and not saving-FIXED.

2.Info on track file size-FIXED.
posted on #48
TeeGee Supporter
Death to all bugs :D
TeeGee attached the following image:

+1
Condenser Clip Microphone for Ovid System
49 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #49
Dick Supporter
Good morning :)
I have not updated the live version again yet, but am working down the list before I do. Here's what I've achieved so far:

One by one:
@Boodoggie - the "blank image" thing is fixed, thanks for the notion

@littleWing - i wish that was true, download size displays correctly on new tracks now, but currently displays 0 on older tracks... I'll get it right the next update ;)

@ivax - your payment made it thru, I'll see to it, thank you very much for pointing me at this.

@kmoon - I need more info on that please. Where did you "reply" (track detail page/newsfeed/small track player?). I have just tested the comment reply functionality, and it works alright for me, including the desired newsfeed notifications. Could it be that you have something in your comment (think special character, embedded image) that I need to add to my test as well so it doesn't work? Or, are your replys actually displayed when you visit the track on its track detail page, but fail to appear when the track is displayed on your newsfeed? (the latter would be due to some newsfeed specific filter gone wrong)

@krasimir - I just looked at said file, it plays OK on my windows machine, and I can also import it into my cubase without any issues - it is encoded in 48kHz my DAW tells me, so it needs to be converted when importing (my DAW projects mostly use 44.1kHz sampling). Could that be the issue?
The mp3 is only renamed and tagged when uploading to wikiloops, there are no changes made to the uploaded audio (if you supply mp3 as hartmut did - wavs do get mp3 encoded of course), so, I'm quite confident the issue is not related to the wikiloops update.
Dick attached the following image:

+2
posted on #50
Dick Supporter
Krasimir wrote:
(...) Tried again and can only download wav files instead of MP3.

Please send me a sample track where you can only download the wav file - and please let me know what happens if you attempt to download the mp3. Nothing? Or some broken file being downloaded? If there's a broken file, please send that to the info at wikiloops email so I can have a closer look.
What brower are you using there again? ;)
posted on #51
Krasimir Supporter
Dick wrote:
Krasimir wrote:
(...) Tried again and can only download wav files instead of MP3.

Please send me a sample track where you can only download the wav file - and please let me know what happens if you attempt to download the mp3. Nothing? Or some broken file being downloaded? If there's a broken file, please send that to the info at wikiloops email so I can have a closer look.
What brower are you using there again? ;)

posted on #52
Krasimir Supporter
Hi Hi Tried more than 10 tracks and situation is same cant download mp3.Which email to use to send you all info? Browzer i am using is Microsoft Edge.
+1
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Electric Guitar
159 €
posted on #53
Dick Supporter
@krasimir: Send me the file to info [at] wikiloops.com please. I just tried Edge, works on my end.
Did you try only fresh tracks, or does the error apply to older tracks as well?

Edited by Dick on April 28, 2023 at 12:00 PM
posted on #54
Dick Supporter
just delivering a patch for the above mentioned issues,

From what I've received on krasimir's issue it looks as if there might be a problem caused by the mp3s title & artist tags (I replied by email, krasimir :) ) - anyone else noticing issues when trying to import mp3s of newly uploaded tracks?

+1
posted on #55
Dick Supporter
so, here's the release notes for ya...
https://www.wikiloops.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=82&post_id=23528 :)

I'm still finding smaller things to patch and that might as well continue for some days to come, keep me informed on whatever comes up please.
posted on #56
wjl Supporter
Doesn't the "Album of the Day" change in v14 anymore? That wasn't automated in v13 either, was it? Just wondering...
+1
posted on #57
LittleWing Supporter
1.Created new forum post under "Recording and Mixing"
2.Added title and description.
3.Went to add Youtube link and prompt to add link came up.
4.I copy and pasted youtube link then clicked enter
5.Immediatley booted to a completely blank new forum thread all previous typing erased.

Using Firefox. Was able to add link under "What are you listening to?" thread. Closed browser out and still did it in forum. Going to try with Safari.

Update: Does it with Safari too

Can post on this thread no problem...
[youtube]AQoMowUN_2k[/youtube]
posted on #58
M4fp Supporter
Just a curiosity. Is it possible that old tracks, from 5 or more years ago, have a slight degradation in audio quality? It will be just my impression, but I feel a slight distortion in the first 30 seconds which then normalizes. The equalization also changes, the sound is more compressed and the bass notes increase after the first few seconds of listening. I would define it as very digital.
Surely this does not depend on the latest WL update, but in terms of sound, there are some imperceptible variations. Thank you for your commitment and congratulations on the work done.;)🔝🔝👍
+1
Electric Guitar
159 €
posted on #59
Dick Supporter
Hey :)
First @wjl + LittleWing - both issues are taken care of ;)

About the audio issue... that seems odd, especially the "first 30 seconds" impression makes me wonder. All I can tell you is: Very recently uploaded tracks are served from a different server than older ones, but the split is much closer to right now than five years, three months at best.
We used to allow smaller mp3 formats only in the very early days, I recall a filesize limit of 5MB, which explains why most of the really old tracks have lower mp3 encodings and sound less good.
What you are hearing might be the result of some in-browser buffering as the file gets downloaded, not sure why that would be different depending on mp3 age, tho. Could you try listening to the downloaded files? If the issue is still audible whilst you have the track on your harddrive, then that would be really strange. As you said - we didn't touch these files at all in the recent update, I'm still curious what you are hearing ;)
posted on #60
M4fp Supporter
Dick wrote:
Hey :)
First @wjl + LittleWing - both issues are taken care of ;)

About the audio issue... that seems odd, especially the "first 30 seconds" impression makes me wonder. All I can tell you is: Very recently uploaded tracks are served from a different server than older ones, but the split is much closer to right now than five years, three months at best.
We used to allow smaller mp3 formats only in the very early days, I recall a filesize limit of 5MB, which explains why most of the really old tracks have lower mp3 encodings and sound less good.
What you are hearing might be the result of some in-browser buffering as the file gets downloaded, not sure why that would be different depending on mp3 age, tho. Could you try listening to the downloaded files? If the issue is still audible whilst you have the track on your harddrive, then that would be really strange. As you said - we didn't touch these files at all in the recent update, I'm still curious what you are hearing ;)

wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Wikiloops is my Music Wonderland, it's only take a few days till you get addicted! I'm so lucky to finally found this place.
aleonz from Indonesia

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy.