Home »Forum»Hey there...»Hey from another new member

Hey from another new member

posted on #1
Just stumbled onto wikiloops a few days ago and have been rummaging through the jams, and have really liked what I'm hearing! Great site! Thanks for putting this together!!!

So since I've decided to become a member, I might as well introduce myself.

Hi, I'm Chris. I've player guitar for nearly 40 years, off and on. Never reached more than cover-band semi-pro level in my twenties (early 1980's), but have always loved playing. I had slacked off in the last five to ten years or so, but have recently gotten back into it thanks to joining my church praise band, getting a download of Reaper, and buying a relatively inexpensive multi-effects unit that also acts as an DAW interface. I'd never been a fan of digital effects, but the technology has definitely improved in the last ten years, and it's really nice to be able to just plug in to the PC, get some decent if not stellar tones, and start recording.

Now I just gotta get the cobwebs off my chops... So I'm really looking forward to jamming along with all the great stuff here at wikiloops!

So what else? A few other bio tidbits:
-- Electrical Engineer (automation and industrial controls)
-- Married -- an amazing wife, 2 stepkids, 1 granddaughter.
-- Live in USA in the Michigan/Indiana area
-- Musical taste? See my profile bio for a few of my favorites, but there's not much I don't like or at least appreciate (although I do tend to prefer metal and hip-hop without the vocals ;) ).

Thanks again for this site and the fabulous talent I've seen in the remixes I've checked out so far. Another thing that's great is the supporting atmosphere I've noticed, where every level of musical development is appreciated, from battle-scarred pros with chops galore to newbies just learning their instrument -- this attitude is a big reason why I decided to step out of the lurking mode and become a part of wikiloops.

If you want to check out my first attempt at a remix you can go to [url=http://www.wikiloops.com/backingtrack.php?jamsession=10940]Jam 10940[/url], a remix of an awesome drum and bass track by Baer and Dick.

Looking forward to seeing you all around!
Edited by StratPlayer on 30-08-2013 20:50
==========

"My technique is laughable at times. I have developed a style of my own, I suppose...I've developed the parts of my technique that are useful to me. I'll never be a very fast guitar player (but) there's always a melodic intent in there."
-- David Gilmour
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
rmhacc from Hungary

"Because there is very nice music made and to use for someone like me who wants to learn to play harmonica, and perhaps later with another can give to them to play and its own color here, and that a Belgian who inhabited in Hungary! like é."

wikiloops.com uses Cookies to provide you the best possible browsing experience.
Read more in our data privacy policy.