Home »Forum»Open mic at the Blue Iguana »Share the story behind your profile name

Share the story behind your profile name

posted on #21
User Avatar Member
...hm.. TomasFoe ... My name is Tomas Föl(...), and as I didnt want to use whole name I just have shortened my last name using international writing for ö - oe... and then, after few days I have remembered what "foe" means... :D I really have nothing similar with enemy...
posted on #22
User Avatar Member
I tried to register as DumBass (just because it is nice sounding word containing "bass" :D) but it was already taken. So next option was TumBass. I use same name with my SoundCloud account.
Probably it does not mean nothing...(?)
My real name is Peter (Peeter in my language)
posted on #23
User Avatar Member
My initials are M.I.C., bday is October 11.

Has nothing to do with mics- I don't sing. It's just a coincidence. I think a lot of people assume MIC is for Microphone.
posted on #24
User Avatar Member
JanSimone wrote:
Don't have a story-- other than it's a fictitious name. It's kind of a shortening of my first and last name, and it sounds so suave! heh heh.

It does sound suave lol.
posted on #25
User Avatar Supporter
Mine is also very easy....

My name is Keys and I play the Marc...

Cheerzzz
posted on #26
Founder
lol, hey Keys, we used to have a MarkII rhodes in our studio, too :D
posted on #27
User Avatar Member
Marceys wrote:

Cheerzzz

lol
posted on #28
User Avatar Supporter
Yeah, I had a fender Rhodes Mark (forgotten the number) but It was in my study-time and didn' t have room enough to keep it! I SOLD IT! Stupid me! Now I have room enough but no real Fender Rhodes..... :@
posted on #29
User Avatar Member
Hey Mic

Good post & here's my answer :
Nuno is my first name & 1959 the year i was born !! VERY imaginative…. ;)
plenty of time to rest when i'm dead...
posted on #30
User Avatar Member
"Big Sugar" Hopkins came about because of one of those silly pick the letters of your name and create a Blues Name Internet quizzes. But after creating it and seeing and using it on the first forum I was on (bluesguitarunleashed.com) I kind of liked it. Plus, my wife started teasing me with it. So it stuck. ;)
posted on #31
User Avatar Member
I've been playing for over 50 years and my favorite genre has always been the blues.
posted on #32
User Avatar Supporter
Mine is real easy. Acoustic, because it is my first love. And eg because electric guitar is my mistress...
posted on #33
My name is Daniel and last name begins with a "K." Plus, when you say it, it sounds like "[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danny_Kaye]Danny Kaye[/url]." :)
posted on #34
User Avatar Member
Like some of you, I gave up using my quite ordinary Danish name when trying to create an e-mail address back in the 90's. The names i suggested were always already taken.
Right outside my office window stood a sign saying: Edison street.

I thought "Edison" had a nice ring to it, so I started to use it when ever I needed an alias on the internet, but 5-10 years later... Many others seems to have gotten the same idea. Thats when I began to spell it backwards "nosidE" with a capital E :)
posted on #35
User Avatar Supporter
In 1974 i moved from Hamburg in Germany to Sweden. I had to learn Swedish during that summer and my skills where not quite up to par when i started school. As kids do some where trying to make fun of the new guy. This included pronouncing my last name (Nillson) in a way they thought was funny. I reversed the situation by adopting is as my nickname and owning it. A very effective way of handling wannabe bullies.
Pure fingerstyle
posted on #36
User Avatar Supporter
WanHu is my hero, the world's first astronaut. Long before that young whippersnapper Yuri Gagarin blasted into orbit in a big, comfy Soyuz rocket, WanHu did it the hard way. He tied 47 bamboo tubes packed with gunpowder to his wicker chair and got his assistants to light the blue touchpaper. When the smoke cleared he was gone, presumably on his way to the moon, where there is now a crater named after him.

I've often thought of him when I'm in trouble. Nothing in my life has ever been as bleak as it must have been for him when he thought "SHIT! I should have brought some rockets for the return journey!
"All music is folk music. I aint never heard no horse sing a song".
Louis Armstrong
posted on #37
User Avatar Supporter
Kimbo cos you can't shorten Kim.....
posted on #38
User Avatar Supporter
I rejuvenated my nickname after many years...

rp3 is my initials, My name is Raymond Prete III

when I was a kid I went by RP...I can still hear my mother yelling that across many a store...embarrassing...

now I like it again!

[img]IMG_0434.jpg[/img]
Edited by rp3drums on February 23 2015 18:30
posted on #39
User Avatar Member
My name is Kelly Bandy. Initials are KB. I used to host an internet video podcast for independent and unsigned musical acts. I love all kinds of music, but I really love my rock and roll. KB got turned into Kells Bells as as play on words from Hells Bells. Kells Bells became my online personality name then my friends started calling me Kells....it just stuck. :)
Edited by KellsBells on August 22 2015 15:42
posted on #40
User Avatar Member
Marceys wrote:

Cheerzzz

That is too funny!
Mine is pretty simple I have a 1968 Les paul Goldtop, but usually use a strat
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
kcsn from United States

"Forever Free for the growth of everyone!"