Home »Forum»Open mic at the Blue Iguana »Share the story behind your profile name

Share the story behind your profile name

posted on #41
User Avatar Supporter
goldtop68 wrote:

Mine is pretty simple I have a 1968 Les paul Goldtop, but usually use a strat

Use it for what?? Your pic makes one wonder..
Edited by nilton on August 26 2015 09:39
Pure fingerstyle
posted on #42
User Avatar Member
Such a cool thread, didn't see until now...

My name originates from a satirical performance of German artist Hape Kerkeling, who performed an alleged modern piece of music, which is titled Hurz. Here is a link with english subtitles: [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp2EErem974] Link [/url]. I just found it funny then and still think it is one of the funniest moments I've ever seen in german TV.

Registering with several online services I encountered conflicts, since obviously I wasn't the only one feeling inspired by that perfomance. So a added the german belittlement "el" which you can append to alot of nouns. So, I am a "little" Hurz. ;)
posted on #43
User Avatar Supporter
Hey!
Mine is coming from rôle playing (dungeon & Dragons)when I was younger and literally it is "Tof The Great" (Tof for Christophe) diminished in Tofzegrit but do not work well in English pronunciation!

That's not because I consider myself as Great but sometimes I could be 🎶
Edited by Tofzegrit on August 26 2015 11:30
posted on #44
User Avatar Supporter
Mine is the first part of my old email address which is from my first initial and last name, but with the 1 at the end. My wife thinks it's a bit arrogant as if I am #1, which I certainly am not. Ah but that's what wives are for, to knock you down a notch ;)
posted on #45
User Avatar Member
My first name is Slava and last name is Fiks. Nothing special.:|
Nice to meet all of you. My avatar - this is how I feel now.
Maybe I'll change it later :)
Edited by sfiks on August 27 2015 18:00
posted on #46
User Avatar Member
.....its been my stage name for about 20 years or so.....
posted on #47
User Avatar Member
Paul Owens - had to add a middle initial because PaulOwens was already taken - oh well...
posted on #48
User Avatar Member
"wil" represent the first three letters of my given name, the following "l" is the letter which comes behind the "k" (for keyboard), the "_" stands for the underground, cause without underground there would be no soil for growing and the big "C" (pronounced "sea")) stands for the sea of life, which we are all diving through.
(Frankly speaking: I have also already heard other interpretations :P )
Edited by will_C on September 07 2015 11:51
posted on #49
User Avatar Supporter
Wil_C

It's no wonder you're stroking your chin in the photo. That's pretty deep, man.
"All music is folk music. I aint never heard no horse sing a song".
Louis Armstrong
posted on #50
User Avatar Supporter
Wan Hu was the world's first astronaut, a prosperous Chinese bureaucrat who built a spacecraft from a wicker chair and 47 large black powder rockets.

His aides did the whole 5-4-3-2-1 malarkey, lit the blue touch paper and ran away. When they returned to the scene of the explosion, Wan Hu was already in orbit and was never seen again.

There is a crater named after him on the moon, so he must have made it there. If not, I admire him for his blind optimism.B)
"All music is folk music. I aint never heard no horse sing a song".
Louis Armstrong
posted on #51
User Avatar Member
Mine comes from what I see from my studio window and which is pictured in my banner - Little Bear Mountain - a minor bump along the Appalachian range in the Eastern US. It is also the name of my family studio.

After joining I thought it might be better to use a more personal name, but realized that changing ones user name wasn't all that easy so I just stuck with it.

So now, 'Shep' (the logo and name I used when first preforming in the early 60's)sits on the far right of my banner.
Edited by LtlBearMtn on October 28 2015 19:04
posted on #52
User Avatar Supporter
Hmm, let me think. Mine is just the initial of my first name and my surname. Hardly exciting or adventurous.

I used to use the pseudonym 'MCMartyP' on all forums and online profiles I was on. This came from my band in the '90s who, apart from playing drums with them, I used to set up all the PA gear and mix the live sound as I knew how to! I got known by the rest of the band as 'MC Marty P on the mics!'

Owing to recent and various changes in my life, I decided on joining WikiLoops to put that persona to bed once and for all and go with the dull username I now have. Maybe I'm just getting old!
Edited by mpointon on October 29 2015 13:19
posted on #53
User Avatar Member
My full name contained 8 names, and when people asked me I can hear myself only say the first 2 names clearly and the rest just like a buzzing bee, and mostly people only get to remember that first 2 names, so I decided to short it out into aliceleonz, and I've been using it since I was at school.

When I joined wikiloops I don't know what happen to my hand when I wrote aleonz at the first place, sometimes I guess my head not sync with my hand LOL, but I kinda like it cos it sounds simple.
Hi! I'm Alice ..Nice To Meet You!
Don't forget to be happy today!
posted on #54
User Avatar Supporter
Tofzegrit wrote:
Hey!
Mine is coming from rôle playing (dungeon & Dragons)when I was younger and literally it is "Tof The Great" (Tof for Christophe) diminished in Tofzegrit but do not work well in English pronunciation!

That's not because I consider myself as Great but sometimes I could be
🎶

You were an RPG man too?! I didn't do much D&D but I used to play a lot of Rolemaster, Space Master, Star Frontiers, Call of Cthulu and Warhammer FRP.

Yeah, I'm a nerd 😞
posted on #55
User Avatar Supporter
Tofzegrit wrote:
Hey!

That's not because I consider myself as Great but sometimes I could be 🎶

Isn't that kind of pronunciation reserved for german speakers?
Pure fingerstyle
posted on #56
User Avatar Member
I started my online life with the email handle mr_coffeekiller@xxxxxxxxx. Being a member of the mx music forums people referred to me as CK. After hosting a European bass meet for the forums at my place, CK entered into my 'real' life. 10 years later I still go by CK (not cee kay, tof :p). The Armstrong part I blame my parents, I didn't have a choice.
posted on #57
User Avatar Member
Mines not that exciting, a friend started calling Jeebsie nearly 20years ago.
There are still people I know who I'm sure don't know my name is Mark.
posted on #58
I started using TG a long time ago (my initials) also in real lif. The _Strat bit came as I tried to register here, I think TG already had been taken. So I just added Strat as I could not think of something better. I do play a Strat, so. But I would have preferred just TeeGee, but there you go :)
posted on #59
User Avatar Member
mines from same place as a few are, first, last name and my birth year :)nuttn fancy.
Everything is practice :)
posted on #60
User Avatar Member
I'm a "Star Wars" fan, and was seduced by the power of the dark side.
"If that's a groove, the Grand Canyon's a ditch." - Geoffrey to Uncle Phil on the "Fresh Prince of Bell Aire.
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
Reaper421 from Canada

"I've had tons of fun on here and met a lot of awesome musicians!"

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy ..