Home »Forum»Frequently Asked Questions - the help section»How to use the "my friends"-panel

How to use the "my friends"-panel

posted on #1
Supporter
If you wish to keep track of a user's action on wikiloops, you may add him to your "my friends"-panel. From then on, it will be easy to check out what your friend has been up to: There's a notification message in the friends-panel stating whether your friend has posted a new session since your last visit, and your friend's music is only a click away.

Again, the "my friends"-panel is available to registered members only.

To add a musician to your friends-panel, do as follows:
If you are browsing the sessions in the jam-view and discover a musician who is to your liking, first open the user's jam-room by clicking on his avatar-picture.
In the jamroom (green info-box in the right column), there's a black-and-white shake-hands button with which you may add the user to you friends panel.
If you are browsing for musicians using the "musician-search", you'll find the same button is available in the member's profile in the top-right section.

If you wish to remove a user from your friends list, just hit the small red X-button next to the members image in your friends panel.

As this feature is meant to help keeping track of the people you like, there is no "accept friendship"-procedure involved when adding a wikiloops-friend. In version 1.0, you won't notice if someone added you to his friends-panel at all. This may be subject to change later.

[url=http://www.wikiloops.com/enforum/viewthread.php?thread_id=21]>>>> back to FAQ index[/url]

[url=http://www.wikiloops.com/viewpage.php]>>>> return to startpage[/url]

Edited by Dick on 08-10-2011 17:23
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
anonymous

"wikiloops has helped so much in my quest to learn. such a great site. and thanks to all the musicians out there that have uploaded some awesome music."

wikiloops.com uses Cookies to provide you the best possible browsing experience.
Read more in our data privacy policy.