Home »Forum»Open mic at the Blue Iguana »Do you have a culinary passion?

Do you have a culinary passion?

posted on #21
User Avatar Member
My wife and I stopped in to this Italian owned diner for breakfast one morning and ordered some French toast , the worst French toast I ever had, I'm usually the type of guy who will eat mostly anything even if does not really suit my taste buds (but only to a point) but the French toast was awful, so I told him, boy did he get mad, he started feeding my French toast to some of his other customers to see what they thought, he ended up giving me pancakes, they were ok but just ok
Edited by Rockzilla on January 28 2016 18:00
posted on #22
Rockzilla wrote:
My wife and I stopped in to this Italian owned diner for breakfast one morning and ordered some French toast , the worst French toast I ever had, I'm usually the type of guy who will eat mostly anything even if does not really suit my taste buds (but only to a point) but the French toast was awful, so I told him, boy did he get mad, he started feeding my French toast to some of his other customers to see what they thought, he ended up giving me pancakes, they were ok but just ok

Drama at the diner :) now I feel like watching waffle house fights on youtube
Edited by Girard on January 28 2016 22:24
posted on #23
I am not much into cooking. I can do a simple Spaghetti sauce, but I used to guide tourists in the desert many years ago, so I had to learn how to cook. So my specialities are: French toast (Armer Ritter :) ) for 40 people on a twig fire without burning them or my fingers, but my favourite is Shakshuka, which is a simple but tasty Mediterranean poor peoples food. I once was taught how to cook this by an Egyptian guy who was so good as explain to me how to do it. You need very ripe tomatos, onions, eggs, chilly peppers and spices. That's it, but the result is spectacular. And I am an exert in sunny side up eggs, I hardly EVER break the "sun" :) .
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
wikibeb from France

"merci à tous de bien vouloir soutenir wikiloops en devenant membre supporter afin que ce formidable site reste libre et indépendant "

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy ..