July 2017 log

Hey there & thanks for checking out todays engine room news smile.gif

To me (this is the "inventor" writing), wikiloops has always been about sharing tracks which may not sound finished as they are shared - and I imagine most of you reading this will know what I mean:
It is that feeling of "I've done my best recording this template, and now it's up to others to take it somewhere if they like."
It does take some nerve to record just a "naked" one-instrument-track and put it out there, but that's the way most great collaborations start, right?
Someone's got to do it, at the risk of finding out the track doesn't speak to people in the worst case.

It has been quite a while since I got around to recording such template-tracks myself, but I do have a "work in progress" which I would like to share with you today, following the tradition of operating wikiloops as a collaborative effort over the past six years.

As some will have heard about, there is a new wikiloops version in the making, and I am very happy to be able to invite you to have a first look at the "new thing" and to discover some of the added coolness on the beta-site that is available for test use from now on.

If you would like to join the collaboration on getting the new version into its final shape, I'd be very happy about any kind of help, feedback, bug-reports, screenshots, translation offers and (in all honesty) donations, too.

If all goes well, the new version will go "live" on wikiloops.com around the first of august 2017, there are still quite a lot of things to fix & finish (if you hapen to use internet explorer browser, you'll not have much fun on the beta-site as for today), and wikiloops can do with as much testing things on the beta-site as possible.

Have a look & feel free to post feedback here, by Message or in the feedback & suggestions forum.
Here's the link:
wikiloops 10.0 interface preview

Thanks for the read & a happy weekend to you!

wiki-stats of today:
87.667 tracks online in the public wiki
49.805 members
2.294 days online
301 supporting members
5 moderators
1 coder

FAQ
terms of use
data privacy policy
sponsors
credits