Home »Forum»Developers blog»Happy Birthday, loops!

Happy Birthday, loops!

Look at us, seven years of jamming on wikiloops lay behind us today, and I sincerely do hope you can share my happiness about that!
As some of you will have anticipated already, we are about to invite you to something special to celebrate the occasion,
and especially the fact that we have been able to keep the wikiloops community a diverse and open minded one, against quite a lot of odds as regular readers of this blog will know, and with the help of so many, many friends and supporters of our jamming cause.
Thank you all for being out there, and for supporting me in operating and developing wikiloops.

Now, to save your eyes from reading, check this out:
[youtube]eD-lXzG1Vqs[/youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD-lXzG1Vqs

Once you are done watching, you may want to head on to checking out the info-thread on how the proposed video collaboration is ought to go about. You will find that here.

Maybe it is a good omen that the wiki-versary happens to fall on the Easter weekend this year, giving those of us in christian countries some extra free time to jam!
Happy Easter days to all who celebrate :)

Off to having cake with Baer,
enjoy the weekend!
yours
Richard

After exactly seven years of online time,
wikiloops offers: 105,982 tracks today.
52,459 members registered since april 1st 2011,
and 2,460 musicians from 172 countries contributed home recorded tracks to our public wiki.

p.s.
We started with a Baer who drums and a social worker who never learned how to code, nor to play bass properly.
The rest came along due to all of your help and the great soundtrack.
Thank you <3

Comments

frenzie
:D <3 long live wikiloops+0
JEF29730
Happy Birthday wikiloops and long live to you ! :D<3+1
ARNOSOLO
Happppppppppy Birthhhhhhhhday Wikiloops !!! <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3+1
Ernie440
[youtube]q9LUDjhLVUA[/youtube]+3
titi
Happy birthday and long life to Wikillops.
Thank you for the existence of this space of sharing, inspiration and work. :)
+1
Marceys
Congrats WikiLoops and the people that made it possible! It is great to see that WikiLoops is still moving and growing by the day.
The new vid collaboration looks promissing! Looking forward to the results! :)
+0
Inkless
Happy Birthday wikiloops ! Great ideas ! -Peace - :)+1
bluesdog
Thank you Dick and Baer for giving us this awesome online band project, and Happy Birthday!+1
Tofzegrit
Congratulations also for Madame Baer, behind an extraordinary man, there is always a more extraordinary woman. :)+1
Posted on

Founder of

Let's stay connected:

wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
allfeel from United States

"Just a Basement hobbyist but the hours of entertainment wikiloops has brought me and my guitar rig are worth so much more than my (father of 2 little ones) butt can give! Thanks Wikiloops keep up the great work (all of you musicians as well!)."

Please note: As you are visiting wikiloops, any personal data that is being processed is treated in compliance to the European General Data Protection Regulation.
You may review our data privacy policy to learn how and why we are using Cookies and other techniques as we are providing our service to you.