Home » Forum » Developers blog »
Wikiloops founder Richard featured on GMI Podcast

wikiloops founder Richard featured on GMI Podcast

Happy to share below link with you today,
along with special thanks to Ged Brockie,
founder of the Guitar and Music Institute Website & Podcast,
whom I had the pleasure to chat with about operating wikiloops a few days ago.
If you'd like to check out the podcast, here it is:

https://www.guitarandmusicinstitute.com/episode-29-richard-kaiser-of-wikiloops/

What else is new?
The [url=https://www.wikiloops.com/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=1800]2018 video collaboration project[/url] is rolling in quite nicely, and a first preview images from the video cutting table looks like this:
[img]https://www.wikiloops.com/forum/images/10-04_disco.jpg[/img]
Thanks to all who are taking part, these video collabs sure are a little more effort then the usual wikiloops collaborations, but I'm happy we are reviving this type of thing once more this year.

Last, if you haven't come across the "harmonic notes game" jam our member StJray started a few weeks ago, then that is something else worth checking out - the "game" starts at track #133001 with a lead harmony which serves as the only rule to the "game".
Four weeks later, the track is available in a total of 72(!) remixed versions which all follow this harmonic line, but cover quite a range of instruments and styles. Congratulations to Ray and thanks to all participants for this spontaneous collaboration.

So much as a quick update today,
hope you are enjoying your weekends & happy jamming on wikiloops
Richard

As it's a tradition, here's the stats of the day.
On april 22nd 2018, wikiloops has:
107,572 backing tracks online,
52,577 members,
2,485 active uploaders,
285 supporting members
1 Baer
adu
I´ve heard the whole podcast! Man this was an amazing hour! I know you a little bit and i believe in you! Big thumbs Richard! ;) +2
Marceys
Wisely spoken words, great to hear your vision in audio! It is what Wikiloops is all about indeed!
Glad i found this cool place!
+2
wjl
What a cool interview; thanks for sharing it Richard! And you sound almost like a Scot yourself ;) (and that's great, I love Scotland!)
Also great to hear Kells and Devin and some others of our fellow musicians there. How cool is that... :D
+1
April 26, 2018 at 7:28 PM
Dick
Dick I'll blame Ged, he probably has some scottish-accent VST-plug-in running or something :D
Haven't been to Scotland so far, my accent is genuine german+Tennessee, a rare blend :)
+2
Tu
I really enjoyed that interview you were very articulate. +1
TeeGee
Mabrouk Dick, cool interview - what can I say great job and I hope a lot of people outside of Wikiloops listen to it +1
GrooveEnth
Just had a listen and very interesting it was too! Really good interview :) +1
bluesdog
An excellent presentation of what wikiloops is all about, Richard! All thumbs up! +1
Fivestringer
Well spoken! An excellent advertisement and representation of what Wikiloops is. Thumbs up. +1
Navota
Just had A quick look at wikiloops before, what had to be an early night. saw the link to the podcast and gone was my early night but It was worth it you gave an great interview it was nice to listen to hope it brings on new members:W +1
Mikebanez
Dick, excellent and informative interview on GMI Podcast.;) +1
April 26, 2018 at 7:24 PM
Dick
Dick thanks for checking this out :) +1
Posted on

Founder of
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
It's better than sitting on the couch watching TV !!! The Wiki Crew Rocks !!!
WHITEPONGO from United States

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy.