Home » Forum » Feedback and Suggestions »
Feature introduction: wikiloops Albums

Feature introduction: wikiloops Albums

posted on #41
Dick Supporter
Thanks for bringing this up, martin :)

The trim feature player is supposed to work / works like this:
Testing the start time will start at the given time and playback 5 seconds of the beginning song, while
testing the stop time starts the player five seconds before the set stop time.
You do not really need the player control buttons at all, they are more or less only showing you something happened.
I did notice some older tracks do not allow trimming this way for some reason - might be related to VBR bitrates (tracks show 0:00 playing time on cover, too), I am not sure yet - it did work as expected on 99% of what I tested, so it didn't seem to be a big issue. Please let me know wether you can perform the desired moves on your album :)

- Good observation on your second point - I have been wondering about this too. Right now, no album title is auto-printed on to the uploaded cover picture, so you should embed the title with some graphic programm into your cover art if you want it to show up.
A possible improvement to the print-template creation would be to make adding the title optional, since this would call for extended color picking etc etc settings, I will not go there for this first version.
posted on #42
TeeGee Supporter
Hey Dick, will there be a like/review/comments option on the albums? I wanted to show my appreciation to someone but could not find it. I am sure in the originl beta there was sonething. But it is a super feature, this album thing. Well done!!!
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #43
Dick Supporter
the thumb / review options on albums are located on the albums single pages & available - I'm still fixing some smaller things that have turned up along the way, please take my apologies for the classic wikiloops style update (meaning: update needs a lot of bugfixing).
P.e. the links from newsfeed messages to albums had a typo, I just fixed that, they work as expected now...
posted on #44
TeeGee Supporter
No need to apologize Dick, we are all glad that you do all this for us in the first place! All the little bugs and issues will be found and fixed, I am sure. I am for one am glad to help!! Wikiloops at it's best ;)
posted on #45
adu Supporter
Starke Sache Dick. Dankeschön! :)
posted on #46
TeeGee Supporter
One more thing I saw:when you share a link and one clicks on it via mobile phone there is no visible download button, or did I miss it?
posted on #47
Dick Supporter
nope, the mobile interface is still lagging behind a bit... downloading a zip file to a mobile device would be problematic anyhow, so we'll have to offer something else there.
I'll add it to the android app in some way for sure... some time... soon...
posted on #48
jmrukkers
Administrator
I sit possible to find all albums that you have contributed to by being part of o track featured on the album? That would be so cool...
the t.bone Ovid System CC 100
the t.bone Ovid System CC 100
Condenser Clip Microphone for Ovid System
49 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #49
Dick Supporter
Hey Joe, these Albums show up below your own playlists in the playlist tab on your profile :)
posted on #50
jmrukkers
Administrator
Cool,thanks Dick
posted on #51
josepssv
Sorry not for this thread (deleted)
posted on #52
Neronick
I like to suggest that it could be nice if you could attach a booklet-pdf file for a album to publish the lyrics or what you want to tell about the recordings background. Even written notation could be included in this PDF-file.
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Rode NT1-A Complete Vocal Recording
299 €
posted on #53
josepssv
Master volume for Album!
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
I'm delighted to be able to support WikiLoops. It does so much for so many of us by bringing us all together and encouraging us to play nice and support each other. WikiLoops is how the World could be... thank you!
AnneCozean from United States

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy.