Home » Forum » Open mic at the Blue Iguana »
Mental work-outs and things to do

Mental work-outs and things to do

posted on #21
Shamika Supporter
Thanks Didier, so true. All the answers are going to be positive if you ask musicians I suppose but I mix in a circle of NON - musicians and I get negative responses like :-

Music is ANNOYING (when it is played over talk on TV/films)
Music is A MEMORY ( the response from a deaf person)
Music is INVASIVE (when it comes from a close neighbour)
Music is BORING (when it all sounds the same)

Anyone else feeling negative today :(
+1
posted on #22
Krasimir Supporter
Beauty of music creation is brain storm and innovative approach. B)
+1
the t.bone Ovid System CC 100
the t.bone Ovid System CC 100
Condenser Clip Microphone for Ovid System
49 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #23
TeeGee Supporter
Shamika wrote:
Thanks Didier, so true. All the answers are going to be positive if you ask musicians I suppose but I mix in a circle of NON - musicians and I get negative responses like :-

Music is ANNOYING (when it is played over talk on TV/films)
Music is A MEMORY ( the response from a deaf person)
Music is INVASIVE (when it comes from a close neighbour)
Music is BORING (when it all sounds the same)

Anyone else feeling negative today :(

Music is annoying when it is Muzak, when it turns rock songs into supermarket easy listening or soft jazz with muffled trumpets, music is ***** annoying when it is sung by talentless t**** who need Autotune and heavy heavy production manipulation, but get millions of listeners because of what is going on in the current music business. Music is annoying when all you hear on radio is lyrics that appeal to 8 year old teenage girls. I started getting obsessive about music in the 70ies when I was 10 or so - sure we had bubblegum music, too, but the charts also had bands like Queen, and even rock bands like Zeppelin would pop up there. I looked at today's UK chart and clicked on many of the top 20, what can I say, except a couple they all annoyed me. Music is annoying when almost any video clip has the same sounding slow hiphop beat easy listening **** in the background :(. Rant over
+1
posted on #24
Shamika Supporter
Krasimir wrote:
Beauty of music creation is brain storm and innovative approach. B)

That's a deep one Krasimir, very positive <3
posted on #25
Shamika Supporter
TeeGee wrote:

Music is annoying when it is Muzak, when it turns rock songs into supermarket easy listening or soft jazz with muffled trumpets, music is ***** annoying when it is sung by talentless t**** who need Autotune and heavy heavy production manipulation, but get millions of listeners because of what is going on in the current music business. Music is annoying when all you hear on radio is lyrics that appeal to 8 year old teenage girls. I started getting obsessive about music in the 70ies when I was 10 or so - sure we had bubblegum music, too, but the charts also had bands like Queen, and even rock bands like Zeppelin would pop up there. I looked at today's UK chart and clicked on many of the top 20, what can I say, except a couple they all annoyed me. Music is annoying when almost any video clip has the same sounding slow hiphop beat easy listening **** in the background :(. Rant over

TeeGee! Loved your rant and totally get it. I do think it depends what mood you're in and what sort of day you're having and the company you are in :)
posted on #26
bluvation Supporter
Music is a RIVER.....it flows through many landscapes, picking up influences from each place it goes. Trying to contain it to just one genre or taste is like trying to bottle an ocean—it's impossible because it thrives on diversity! It borrows rhythms from one culture, melodies from another, and ideas from every musician who has ever caught its bug. It's the universal language that doesn't discriminate. It can't be contained or owned by anyone.
+1
posted on #27
Shamika Supporter
bluvation wrote:
Music is a RIVER.....it flows through many landscapes, picking up influences from each place it goes. Trying to contain it to just one genre or taste is like trying to bottle an ocean—it's impossible because it thrives on diversity! It borrows rhythms from one culture, melodies from another, and ideas from every musician who has ever caught its bug. It's the universal language that doesn't discriminate. It can't be contained or owned by anyone.

Lovely words and sentiments there - sadly like TeeGee implied, it might not ALL be classed as MUSIC to the ears, that's the thing with 'diversity' - the diversity of the giver and receiver - it's a 'matchmaker' game <3
posted on #28
Shamika Supporter
Today I've got some anagrams for you to crack, they're all well know musicians (I think) How many can you find ?

1) Plectra Icon = ? (Male)
2) Carnal Sonatas = ? (Male)
3) Zany TV re-link = ? (Male)
4) Rich girlie at sauna = ? (Female)
5) Obscenely Woken = ? (Female)
6) Buck her cry = ? (Male)
7) Hold an encore = ? (Male)
8) Artfully done = ? (Female)
9) Mr Mojo Risin' = ? (Male)
10) Mr Jawbones = ? (Male)
11) Eric Beers 'n' Grunts =? (Male)
12) Best PR in years = ? (Female)

Good Luck :W
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Cabinet for Electric Guitar
169 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
This is such a great idea, helping musicians to make music from anywhere around the world !
Tintin from Canada

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy.