Diary / Blog Spot / October
SUPPORTER
Posts: 1069
Joined: Feb 4, 2012
The Diary continues as before on a Monthly basis, but now aspiring 'Bloggers' can use it to speak in more depth about whatever they like to talk about. I know there are members with lots to say about lots of things, I just hope they'll come here to do it. Former diarists can incorporate both styles and are always welcome :)
SUPPORTER
Posts: 1069
Joined: Feb 4, 2012
It's interesting to watch how social media content has changed and spread in just a few years. I remember when Blogs were a new thing (1990s), then along came Vlogs (2000s), and now it seems that the place is full of Podcasts. I never got further than a Blog but it wasn't that popular. I came to the conclusion that people prefer to listen than to read. I've also noticed the number of so called "Influemcers" has grown - people actually give that title as a job description now.
It would be nice to get feedback in this thread when anyone Blogs (or Vlogs) For example - If you were/are a Blogger, Vlogger ot Podcaster why not tell us about your experiences, maybe leave a link. Also do you regularly listen to (or read) any of these things.
It would be nice to get feedback in this thread when anyone Blogs (or Vlogs) For example - If you were/are a Blogger, Vlogger ot Podcaster why not tell us about your experiences, maybe leave a link. Also do you regularly listen to (or read) any of these things.
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Electric Guitar
$145
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there.
Visit Shop
SUPPORTER
Posts: 2270
Joined: Sep 27, 2014
Man I am going to show my age here: I look up a lot of YouTube videos for technical stuff, related to cars and bikes. Man, I just wish people would stop talking so much and get on with it. Get to the point. People love to hear their own voice.
Same with instruction videos. I prefer reading, it is so much faster to read, plus you can scroll down quickly and avoid parts that are not interesting. With Videos, it's annoying as you can't see what you are skipping.
A podcast of half an hour with a person talking at normal speed it would have 4-5000 words. Written down, a fast reader can read it in 10-15 minutes, if skipping some uninteresting parts, maybe 10 minutes?
The only time I enjoy podcasts is when I am running or driving, then it's a perfect way to use the time.
Same with instruction videos. I prefer reading, it is so much faster to read, plus you can scroll down quickly and avoid parts that are not interesting. With Videos, it's annoying as you can't see what you are skipping.
A podcast of half an hour with a person talking at normal speed it would have 4-5000 words. Written down, a fast reader can read it in 10-15 minutes, if skipping some uninteresting parts, maybe 10 minutes?
The only time I enjoy podcasts is when I am running or driving, then it's a perfect way to use the time.
+1
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly
support by:
Wikiloops is an amazing platform to experiment with the styles of music that I never have had the opportunity to vocalize with. Thanks to all the excellent musicians/producers, the sound quality of the tracks are spectacular.
rtkradle