Home »Forum»Feedback and Suggestions»Don't play Jams automatically

Don't play Jams automatically

posted on #1
Pretty simple suggestion, sometimes a jam might be a little too loud and play unexpectedly. :P This is exactly why most websites with audio don't play it automatically.
posted on #2
Supporter
hey technoguyx, welcome to wikiloops!
to be honest, we have had this discussion before, and most think its convenient to have instant playback, so you dont need an extra click to start the jam - once you decided to open a jam, well you want to hear it.
Besides, there is no way to fix the loudness problem, if a jam is too loud or not loud enuf, you will have to readjust your speaker volume, no matter if it did autostart or not.
Just looking at a jam page without sound does not make much sense to me, but I'm open for suggestions.
Maybe a "disable autoplay" option should be available, any more opinions?
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #3
My normal procedure when bringing up a jam page is to very quickly hit the stop button, adjust the volume down and then hit play. I would like it better if the default state was in stop mode rather than play, but that's just me.
posted on #4
Dick wrote:
Maybe a "disable autoplay" option should be available, any more opinions?

This would be a way to fix it... Now, I have to lower my computer's volume just in case and then put it back to normal.
posted on #5
I like the autoplay option. Remember it is Wiki "LOOPS" . Why would you have to hit restart if you're in the middle of a jam? I sometimes have to listen to something 3-4 times before being able to come up with something, this would be more difficult if I had to press play each time, its hard to stop in the moment ya know? So i like the autoplay and loop feature.....
“Somebody needs what you have to give. It may not be your money; it may be your time. It may be your listening ear....."
posted on #6
Supporter
@Mojo: If you have to lower the volume on every jam, why dont you lower your speaker volume once and for all?! that would fix this problem, or am I getting something wrong?! I go my pc hooked to a mixer, so I'm quick in pulling down if someone had a little much on the compression handle, but I rarely have to.
posted on #7
Supporter
@Dope - the autoplay function and the loop function are to be seen as two different things - the loop thing will stay, the track just wont start by itself, think that is where we are going here...

posted on #8
Rich wrote:
@Mojo: If you have to lower the volume on every jam, why dont you lower your speaker volume once and for all?! that would fix this problem, or am I getting something wrong?! I go my pc hooked to a mixer, so I'm quick in pulling down if someone had a little much on the compression handle, but I rarely have to.

For some reason, some jams are quite a bit louder than other audio tracks and sounds on my computer. So if I turn down the volume for wiki tracks, I have to turn it up for other things.

This is not a major issue for me. I am quite used to my procedure.
posted on #9
Supporter
so there it is, the "disable autoplay" function ;)

you'll find a link below the bpm /license/report track links in the left player panel. One click dis/enables autoplay...
me, I feel like wiki is weird without autoplay, but thats just me :)

you're welcome.

posted on #10
Found it. Thanks, Dick!
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
pkliesch from Germany

"You can jam, find lots of templates and improve your skills. But most of all you can find musical friendships all over the world! Thank's Wikiloops!"

wikiloops.com uses Cookies to provide you the best possible browsing experience.
Read more in our data privacy policy.