Home » Forum » Open mic at the Blue Iguana »
What are you listening to?

What are you listening to?

posted on #1181
ROBJOL Supporter
FrankieJ wrote:
LittleWing wrote:
This is 6 years old. It has been my “show off” track whenever non musician friends ask “oh you play guitar”. I then tell them I’m the whole band and text it to their cell phone . It was specifically made to show off and also connect with them thru a crappy cell phone speaker.

Who doesn’t like a Gary Moore style track? The “theme” melody I think I nicked from an old 1950’s detective show during the opening orchestral theme .

.[youtube]5Oog_to8ftQ?si=O3hUt9-0FKHbfnFQ[/youtube]

Perry Mason theme. Nice solo :W

Better than Gary Moore. Super.
+3
posted on #1182
LittleWing Supporter
Thank you Rob. I dont think so but thank you.
+2
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Harley Benton G112 Celestion V30
Cabinet for Electric Guitar
169 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #1183
bluvation Supporter
bluvation wrote:
bluvation wrote:
bluvation wrote:
I love listening to this duo on Sunday Mornings
[youtube]pwzlHefcHDc?feature=shared[/youtube]

Another great cover of a Billy Joel song from this talented duo
[youtube]S3DNNrjayQw?feature=shared[/youtube]

and yet another great cover
[youtube]RI16dMyPZh4?feature=shared[/youtube]

Fast one from the Sunday morning duo
[youtube]QlLdqNxTrJM?feature=shared[/youtube]
+1
posted on #1184
LittleWing Supporter
Appreciating Queens "other " vocalist... Roger Taylor being all awesome and singing about how much he loves his car.
We used to travel to the southern states with a tow trailer and $2000 in our pockets and try to find widowed grandmas with their husbands 1969 Pontiac GTOs sitting in the barn for 20 years and buy them for a steal. We'de play this over and over on the drive back while towing the car.

[youtube]MAnYVt2xBCE[/youtube]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/mG4knYO.png[/img]
+1
posted on #1185
Acousticeg Supporter
My favorite new band and line up. The album is a must listen if your into progressive Rock, Fusion and Metal.[youtube]8Ie77apU0RA[/youtube]
+2
posted on #1186
LittleWing Supporter
[youtube]bFgv8Jq4xN0?si=9XbHOLWJZFduv7pC[/youtube]
+1
posted on #1187
MySounds Supporter
A band that has maintained its sound over 50 odd years and still never sounds boring [youtube]4E3MP5jIMT8?si=rHg0Rg6nOm64gtEg[/youtube]
posted on #1188
Al-Fadista Supporter
Great track by keyboardist Kit Watkins with Coco Roussel on drums and percussion :W

[youtube]X9TdOZx9RO0?si=2MOtXJVOQb1bfj53[/youtube]
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #1189
DidierS Supporter
[youtube]oztCcfffVVw?si=7tOGEXWNnHfFzEfk[/youtube]
+3
posted on #1190
DidierS Supporter
[youtube]ZQxZyl1AfX4?si=Iews8SvZmOd0nz-L[/youtube]
+1
posted on #1191
DidierS Supporter
RIP Dikey, you are one of the guitarists who have shown how to compose songs without ever tiring the listeners.
[youtube]llBsswEfUsA?si=JbAaxiL35186aCsb[/youtube]
+2
posted on #1192
PatrickDA Supporter
[youtube]qft8es8bG4I?si=W0KJB9oeEF8-K7y2[/youtube]
Van always chose great players for his band. This solo is so full of emotion - great stuff!
+1
Fender AV II 63 TELE RW RED TRANS
Fender AV II 63 TELE RW RED TRANS
Electric Guitar
2.249 €
posted on #1193
DidierS Supporter
PatrickDA wrote:
[youtube]qft8es8bG4I?si=W0KJB9oeEF8-K7y2[/youtube]
Van always chose great players for his band. This solo is so full of emotion - great stuff!

Super ! 👍
posted on #1194
DidierS Supporter
[youtube]NTK7h-nMA-8?si=WL-L9kIDowc1ZQ4X[/youtube]
posted on #1195
DidierS Supporter
[youtube]GhXT5KkyfRo?si=amGHO2rxE5BsXlXX[/youtube]
posted on #1196
DidierS Supporter
[youtube]yLUJN1eSkD0?si=ElaEW4OjcAnTrKmK[/youtube]
posted on #1197
LittleWing Supporter
PatrickDA wrote:

Patrick! You have no iodea what you unleashed!
I LOVE VAN MORRISON! Freaking LOVE HIM and Pee Wee Ellis!

His double live album A Night in San Franscisco is one of my favorite albums ever.The band is on fire and they captured it.Its my desert island pick. If I could only listen to one album it would be this .

Check out Pee Wee on this track which is from that same tour you posted, This album has never ever left my cd changer in over 12 years.

Put it on loud while cleaning house on a saturday.I used to look forward to cleaning.

[youtube]Bfo_xu-SQs0[/youtube]

There is more soul packed into this one track then I think is legally allowable.Pee Wee was James Browns musical director many years. Van gave him a showcase.

Ugh this is fabtastic stuff, the band is absolutley on top of their game.

[youtube]CtYclKBuf4o[/youtube]

Van lets his band tear up Moondance with their solo spots:
[youtube]BmUiLwEeLmQ?si=MixRGz-iPaxrkjZF[/youtube]

Patrick- you have no idea what you started with your link. Ill be listening to this non stop for the next month.
+1
posted on #1198
LittleWing Supporter
This goes out to Tof and all Travers fans

[youtube]_pqo4t4-O3k[/youtube]
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Rode NT1-A Complete Vocal Recording
299 €
posted on #1199
PatrickDA Supporter
Yes Joe - right with you there. In 1970 a friend from Northern Ireland let me know about Van and since Astral Weeks I've been a fan. I saw him in the eighties in Southampton (England) he had done something to his leg and did the whole gig sitting down but still great. No kicking movements as in his version of Caravan in the Last Waltz. Which is the most exuberant I have ever seen him (goose bumps for me).[youtube]44wDwMQVqCc [/youtube] Yes play it very loud!!
+1
posted on #1200
LittleWing Supporter
PatrickDA wrote:
Yes Joe - right with you there. In 1970 a friend from Northern Ireland let me know about Van and since Astral Weeks I've been a fan. I saw him in the eighties in Southampton (England) he had done something to his leg and did the whole gig sitting down but still great. No kicking movements as in his version of Caravan in the Last Waltz. Which is the most exuberant I have ever seen him (goose bumps for me).[youtube]44wDwMQVqCc [/youtube] Yes play it very loud!!

Absolute classic performance. Watch that movie every New Years Eve. Its become a tradition in my house.

That Live in San Fran album though rocked my world like no other album has.

Its Great Musicians ON FIRE.One of those magical nights where everyone is "on".

It has Tupelo Honey as well.

If you have Spotify or a streaming album service it should be on there in its entirety. I play it at outside BBQs while everyones having a good time and if I take it off, I get asked "What happened to the music? Who was that? I was liking the music turn it back on"

PS I was reading just today an article that proves the Eagles are charging $300-1000 a ticket and their vocals AND backing vocals are lip sync'd.

Someone made a comment about Last Waltz and something about Robbie Robertson may have been lip sync'ing. Id have to refind it and cant validate it. I highly doubt it though.

Update:The guy stated that there is song where you can clearly see Robertson singing but no cable on the microphone and wirelss wasnt invented yet. What he doesnt understand is that while the entire concert was filmed at Winterland or the Fillmore , the singing is real. After the concert was on film they watched it and then went back and did "touch up shots" for any of a thousand reasons. Someboidy decided that Robby and Rick Danko didnt look like they were having a good time and they reshoot some head shots where those guys are smiling or whatever other goofy reason. It was very commen in rock films of the 70s.
+1
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Wikiloops, the first place for sharing my ideas in music. Meet fantastic musicians all over the world. I'm learning every day! You will love it!!
frankyguitar from Germany

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy.