Home » Forum » Open mic at the Blue Iguana »
What are you listening to?

What are you listening to?

posted on #1201
PatrickDA Supporter
Yes indeed that San Francisco Concert is very Special!!

Enjoy the moments- I don't mind if Robbie lip synced it was a great film/concert (and we know he could sing and play:)).

Know what you mean about BBQ/music effect. Almost any Reggae (for me) leaves a big hole when you switch it off (Bob, Cliff, Toots and especially Desmond).
+1
posted on #1202
LittleWing Supporter
PatrickDA wrote:
l!!

Enjoy the moments- I don't mind if Robbie lip synced it was a great film/concert (and we know he could sing and play:)).

True fact about The Last Waltz:

The Last Waltz 1976 was the very first useage CGI animation in a motion picture.
Neil Young has confirmed this.
The Reissue features the unedited footage confirming this.

During the Last Waltz , Neil Young performs the song "Helpless" with Joni Mitchell singing behind a curtain in the background.

When they went to review the raw footage of Helpless , they were all horrified to discover Neil had a humongous, gigantic cocaine rock in his nose that was virtually impossible to ignore. Clearly visible was Suger Booger.

Being it was 1976, editing something like that was impossible.

They wanted Neil to come back and reshoot some touch up shots but that just didnt work out as he had to leave for commitments.

The entire film was about to be scrapped because they felt Helpless was a key moment in the film and could not be replicated.

Someone came up with the idea of "painting Neils nostril black." That involved every frame that has the Booger Sugar.

They painted his nostril black and did a special procedure to blend it all in naturally and invented CGI animation.

It saved the film and was the launching pad for all future computer animation as someone remembered it and utilized it during Star Wars.

The version of Helpless with Neils Cocaine Booger is on the Reissue box set.

You can sometimes tell theres something there in his nose...

[youtube]J2z7LXpAX3Q[/youtube]
+1
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Electric Guitar
159 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #1203
PatrickDA Supporter
Well well who would have thought:D
+1
posted on #1204
LittleWing Supporter
PatrickDA wrote:
Well well who would have thought:D

Why didnt someone have the courtesy to gesture "Hey Neil. You have a sugar booger?"

1976 was Neils year. He just came off a fantastic multi gold album run both solo and with CSN and Y. They were counting on his appearance to bring people into the theater.

It would be like cutting Taylor Swift out of a movie.

They asked Robbie Robertson for a comment on this and he is quoted as just saying "Neil should have chopped his cocaine better".

[img]https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4uk9e_iw7gYG-y9HXtcE8ONq3tkukPkYEhXto07VJFw&s[/img]
posted on #1205
LittleWing Supporter
[youtube]eDtfGtacbQM[/youtube]
+2
posted on #1206
Marceys Supporter
[youtube]uplF16uNE1E?si=uqF89HWHTy8Pnsjc[/youtube]

The Next Movement…..

Groovy guys….
+3
posted on #1207
Krasimir Supporter
Jack DuPREE Champion... Pianist and songwriter who took blues to the world.Great old style music.
Krasimir attached the following image:

Edited by Krasimir on May 8, 2024 at 6:51 PM
KrisBG
+2
posted on #1208
MySounds Supporter
Krasimir wrote:
Jack DuPREE Champion... Pianist and songwriter who took blues to the world.Great old style music.

Fun fact: I actually played with him twice on stage. Met him after a gig at a local club where he invited me to a four handed piano jam. A year later he spotted me in the first row at the Fabrik in Hamburg and asked me up on stage. Played four or five songs together. A great and kind man.
Fender AV II 63 TELE RW RED TRANS
Electric Guitar
2.249 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #1209
eGiL Supporter
LittleWing wrote:
TEST
[wl] 27546 [/wl]

The issues seems to be fixed :P The hosting servers/dns went down for some time....
posted on #1210
LittleWing Supporter
[youtube]jqbGXl5lxEg?si=MR6nn9GCBhLUNRrT[/youtube]

Some people say the Eagles stole Hotel California from this track:

It was on the radio about the time they wrote it.Same progression in Bm. That progression is easy to naturally piece together in that key and its possible they naturally found it .Jethro Tull never had a problem with the Eagles due to the commonality of those chords.
[youtube]oGvux7w1Ea4[/youtube]
[img]https://www.electrocutas.co.uk/LP/lp/STAND_UP/standupUK.jpg[/img]
+2
posted on #1211
Al-Fadista Supporter
Cool track by Lee Ritenour. Those drums by Steve Gadd are stunning :o Killer drums / bass duet at the end too :W

[youtube]KBdJALdHlos?si=VAQKsQ8tVXw4OI5L[/youtube]
+1
posted on #1212
Ernie440 Supporter
Came across this band (Classic Rock Show) last night on YouTube and just like their name says, they do some cool covers of rock classics

[youtube]EFE4U3hum5M[/youtube]
+4
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd NT1A Bundle
Rode NT1-A Complete Vocal Recording
299 €
posted on #1213
Ray Sugar Supporter
I love it!
posted on #1214
Ray Sugar Supporter
[youtube]GZvIvu8yYKk?si=QkUXTdJPGyqjtIBQ[/youtube]

I‘m a big fan of gino vanelli since the 70s. Especially the Brother To Brother album.
+2
posted on #1215
DidierS Supporter
[youtube]fuaLdWhnCag?si=s2Q99vu5Wo3Rr_ZB[/youtube]
+2
posted on #1216
Ray Sugar Supporter
[youtube]KEZRmMiWypY?si=os5g8IG5kb5Oc0GS[/youtube]
+2
posted on #1217
DidierS Supporter
[youtube]MTRLE0GcBHs?si=mmuwtzmPqlsMaWVJ[/youtube]
+1
posted on #1218
Al-Fadista Supporter
Really nice portuguese guitar piece by Pedro Caldeira Cabral (with Francisco Pérez on classical guitar)

[youtube]hcaQzFmBsPI?si=oauR7bNsgvNF1K_0[/youtube]
Electric Guitar
2.249 €
posted on #1219
GlezBass Supporter
[youtube]nGmM7KmeeC4[/youtube]
:|
+1
posted on #1220
DidierS Supporter
Ray Sugar wrote:
[youtube]KEZRmMiWypY?si=os5g8IG5kb5Oc0GS[/youtube]

Excellent !
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Wikiloops is a great idea, well executed and deserves support - come on guys, support it - you don't expect to get anything good for nothing!
flythorn from England

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy.