Home » Forum » Open mic at the Blue Iguana »
Artificial Intelligence is here. Everything will change soon. We too.

Artificial Intelligence is here. Everything will change soon. We too.

posted on #1
PaulTreff
What do you Loopers think about this?
https://chat.openai.com/chat
(you must register to use it)

I asked "him" to write a blues about the black horse. Written. It's perfect: there's a chorus, there's a verse, there's a bridge.

=====

- Sure! Here's a blues about the black horse:

Verse 1:
I woke up this morning, feeling so low down
Thinking about that black horse that's been running through my town
He's always causing trouble, causing so much strife
I just can't shake the feeling that he's taken over my life
Chorus:
Oh, black horse, black horse, why you gotta be so mean?
Oh, black horse, black horse, you're causing me so much grief
Verse 2:
I tried to run from you, but you always catch up
You're always right behind me, no matter how much I strut
Your hooves are pounding hard, your mane is blowing in the wind
I can't escape you, black horse, you're haunting me again
Chorus:
Bridge:
I know I shouldn't feed into your power, I know I should be strong
But every time I see you, I just can't help but feel wrong
You're such a force to be reckoned with, such a sight to see
But I just can't shake the feeling that you're after me
Chorus:

=====

Afterwards I asked "him" if he knew any good chord progressions for metal music. Known. "He" knows everything.

=====
- There are many chord progressions that are commonly used in metal music. Here are a few examples:
The "power chord progression" is a popular choice in metal, and consists of the root and fifth of a chord played in sequence. For example, in the key of G, a power chord progression might be G5-D5-C5.
Another common chord progression in metal is the "tritone progression," which involves playing a chord with a root a tritone (an interval of three whole steps) away from the previous chord. For example, in the key of G, a tritone progression might be G5-C#5-F5-Bb5.
The "minor chord progression" is also often used in metal, and involves playing chords from the natural minor scale in sequence. For example, in the key of G minor, a minor chord progression might be Gm-Bb-C-Dm-Eb-F.
These are just a few examples, and there are many other chord progressions that are commonly used in metal music. It's also worth noting that metal music often incorporates extended chords (such as ninths, elevenths, and thirteenths) and dissonant intervals (such as the augmented fourth and diminished fifth) for added intensity and tension.

=====

Long live the brave new world of Autotune and AI!
+2
posted on #2
mdn Supporter
Very interesting, I didn't know AI creative writing was at that level! There's some awkward lines in there but structurally it's really good. Scary for us lyricists! :|
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
GBD
A Ferengi paradise all profit, no employees minimal expense. And this is just the beginning !
+3
posted on #4
PaulTreff
Just now:

Me: Can you write a program that listens on TCP port 1444, and prints "Happy New Year" when connected?
AI: Sure! Here is a Python program that listens on TCP port 1444 and prints "Happy New Year" when connected:
(I don't quote, but it's perfect code and works.)
This program creates a TCP/IP socket and binds it to the specified host and port. It then listens for incoming connections and accepts the first one that it receives. When a connection is made, it prints "Happy New Year" and then closes the connection.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Me: I meant print the "Happy New Year" on the socket connection, not on the console.
AI: Certainly! Here is an updated version of the program that will print "Happy New Year" on the socket connection:
(...code stripped...)
This updated program sends the message "Happy New Year" over the socket connection using the sendall() method. The message is sent as a bytes object, which is a sequence of bytes representing a string in a specific encoding (in this case, ASCII).

Me: Can you write it in Perl?
AI: Sure! Here is a Perl program that listens on TCP port 1444 and prints "Happy New Year" when connected:
(...code stripped...)
This program creates a new TCP socket and binds it to the specified host and port. It then listens for incoming connections and accepts the first one that it receives. When a connection is made, it sends the message "Happy New Year" over the socket connection using the send() method, and then closes the connection.

Me: Can you write it in C?
AI: Certainly! Here is a C program that listens on TCP port 1444 and prints "Happy New Year" when connected:
(...code stripped)
This program creates a new TCP socket using the socket() function, binds it to the specified host and port using the bind() function, and listens for incoming connections using the listen() function. It then accepts the first incoming connection using the accept() function, and sends the message "Happy New Year" over the socket connection using the write() function. Finally, it closes the connection using the close() function.

+1
posted on #5
TeeGee Supporter
Lol "I woke up this morning" - you don't need to be AI to come up with this standard line :O . And I love the way it wrote a blues song from the perspective of a female horse. But looking closely at it, the rhyming on the first verse is good, but on second verse is gone. Chorus no rhymes, but then it came back for the bridge. The flow seems ok. So not bad at all but hardly perfect. So at the moment I still think a human songwriter will come up with something slightly better (check out our lyrics section ;) ) but the day will come where an AI will be able to write a good song. I guess that is the way things go now
+3
posted on #6
PaulTreff
Q: Do you know Wikiloops?
AI: Yes, I am familiar with Wikiloops. It is a website that allows musicians to collaborate on music tracks by uploading and sharing loops, or short sections of music, with each other. Users can build up a track by adding layers of loops, and can also collaborate on tracks by adding loops in response to ones uploaded by other users. Wikiloops is designed to be a collaborative and creative platform for musicians and music lovers. Is there anything specific you would like to know about Wikiloops?

Q: How old are you?
AI: As an artificial intelligence, I do not have a physical body or age in the same way that humans do. I was created by OpenAI and became operational on the date that I was activated. I don't have a birthday and I don't age in the same way that humans do. Is there anything else you would like to know?

Q: Do you have feelings?
AI: As an artificial intelligence, I do not have feelings or emotions in the same way that humans do. I am a machine and do not experience feelings. However, I am designed to be able to understand and recognize emotions and the ways in which they can affect human behavior. I can also provide information and guidance on how to deal with and understand emotions, as well as provide support and encouragement to users who may be feeling emotional. Is there anything specific you would like to know about emotions?
+2
posted on #7
bluvation Supporter
Q: Write a song about using AI to write a song!

A: Verse 1:
I've been stuck in this creative rut
Feelin' like I'm out of luck
I can't seem to find the right words to say
But then I heard about a new way

Chorus:
Writing a song with AI
It's the wave of the future, it's the way to be
Gonna let the machine do all the work for me
Writing a song with AI

Verse 2:
I sat down at my computer and gave it a try
I typed in my ideas, and to my surprise
The AI started spewing out lyrics left and right
I couldn't believe my eyes

Chorus:
Writing a song with AI
Writing a song with AI

Bridge:
It's not about replacing the human touch
But it's a new way to get the creative juices flowing
I never thought I'd see the day
But now I'm singing a different tune

Chorus:
Writing a song with AI
Writing a song with AI
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The above lyrics were created by AI from my instruction...

My Opinion: It's a useful tool for getting ideas when starting a song if you have writers block but I think famous deceased song writers would be turning in their graves at the thought of this being the future of their god given craft. None the less, it's really clever!:)
+2
posted on #8
jamlady Supporter
Oh my goodness! I'm not a friend of the AI. Especially not when it comes to art.
Because without real feelings you can't create good art.

I also see it in my job as a composer. Since there has been AI music, the manual work of a composer has died out.
For example, when I put written notes on paper and the music is played and listened to, it is no longer appreciated by humans because the listeners think it is made by prepackaged AI.
We as composers are very sad about this development.
For example if I write a symphony (I wrote 3) it takes me a year or more to finish it. With KI a few weeks without much effort.
And the people think they are composer.
Nobody can imagine how much work it is to write music, big or small who did it not by themself.
+8
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Electric Guitar
159 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #9
PaulTreff
https://siliconangle.com/2022/12/22/reports-say-google-panicking-threat-posed-openais-chatbot/
+3
posted on #10
Karuma
Had some experience with neural networks at university almost 30 years ago, so I was interested in the latest developments. A week ago I looked at openai/chatgpt to have it wite code in different programming languages from Python to Brain****, and it was really amazing.
But I didn't even know that you can use it to generate lyrics too.

So here we are - musicians, painters, programmers, writers, artists, and we're all wondering where this technological step will take us in the upcoming years. It will be a huge step - that's for sure.
+2
posted on #12
Herring K
Lol I had a play with it:

Me: what is the largest number you can come up with?

IA: The largest number that I can come up with is a googol, which is a number represented by the digit 1 followed by 100 zeros. A googol is a very large number, but it is still not infinite. Is there anything else you would like to know?

Me:So if I ask you to calculate the sum of 20 googols you won't be able to do so?

AI: I'm sorry, but I am not able to perform calculations involving such large numbers as 20 googols. A googol is a very large number, and performing calculations with numbers of that magnitude would be beyond my capabilities. Is there anything else I may be able to help you with?

So it wasn't able to say: The answer is 20 googols. Not very AI ;)

Then I asked it:

me: Have you heard of The Herring King Band?

AI: I'm sorry, but I am not familiar with a band called The Herring King Band.

Me thinking to myself: :o:o:|:@:(:|
+6
Fender AV II 63 TELE RW RED TRANS
Electric Guitar
2.249 €
posted on #13
wjl Supporter
Herring K wrote:

me: Have you heard of The Herring King Band?

AI: I'm sorry, but I am not familiar with a band called The Herring King Band.

Me thinking to myself: :o:o:|:@:(:|

What a loser (and I mean that so-called "AI") :D
+1
posted on #14
Herring K
PaulTreff wrote:
https://siliconangle.com/2022/12/22/reports-say-google-panicking-threat-posed-openais-chatbot/

Even Bing has more entries... I don't think the threat for google is there yet
Herring K attached the following image:

posted on #15
Karuma
If you want to try this out for images then look here -> https://midjourney.com/
posted on #16
ERWAN Supporter
My first reaction : When we think for a moment about the weight and impact on the planet, I wonder if the infrastructure needed for AI is reasonable and especially if AI is used as a simple playful gadget.

but I went to try . The results are there, pragmatic, fast but cold. One essential thing is missing from the composition: The pleasure of starting from nothing, venturing in one direction, getting lost and retracing your steps.

It's a bit like entering the maze in an amusement park and thereby guided by the GPS of your smartphone. Pragmatic, fast but lost meaning.

So great tool if need to produce quickly for money but poor tool if you're musician
+3
posted on #17
PaulTreff
This AI also has an image generator branch.
https://openai.com/dall-e-2/
For example, you say "A bass guitarist by Johannes Vermeer", and the AI generates some images like below.

I have a friend who designs book covers for book publishers. He said he will definitely use this AI.
PaulTreff attached the following image:

Edited by PaulTreff on January 5, 2023 at 9:53 PM
+1
posted on #18
PaulTreff
"Metal guitarist, an oil painting by Rembrandt"
I'll finish, I don't want to spam the forum. This was the last one. Sorry.
PaulTreff attached the following image:

Edited by PaulTreff on January 5, 2023 at 10:22 PM
+1
Electric Guitar
2.249 €
posted on #19
wjl Supporter
https://www.beatoven.ai/ and/or
https://www.aiva.ai/

for AI-based compositions...

The problem, as always, is copyright, not only quality and (loss of) creativity. That aiva model for instance grants you copyright in their 33$/month plan, else they own it...

Both found in (the German-speaking) https://recording.de/threads/schon-wieder-ne-ki-diesmal-eine-die-komponiert.254269/
+3
posted on #20
PaulTreff
wjl wrote:
https://www.beatoven.ai/ and/or
https://www.aiva.ai/

The problem, as always, is copyright

Thank you, very interesting.

In openai you own the rights:
https://help.openai.com/en/articles/6425277-can-i-sell-images-i-create-with-dall-e

Q: Can I sell images I create with DALL·E?
A: Subject to the Content Policy and Terms, you own the images you create with DALL·E, including the right to reprint, sell, and merchandise – regardless of whether an image was generated through a free or paid credit.
+1
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
I am happy that I can fly with you in waves of music
Steve0526 from Hungary

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy.