Home » Forum » Open mic at the Blue Iguana »
A very dark day in music 43 years ago today

A very dark day in music 43 years ago today

posted on #1
LittleWing Supporter
I remember in grade school my parents waking me up .

[youtube]k3pMYI4Q2uM?si=wM0_WLs_lovxvgE9[/youtube]

[youtube]L21zEKnw5G0?si=5Tj-2DHCRMokzdbj[/youtube]

[youtube]s6_62zKxOr0?si=vVk5ZKV8B9ezH6Js[/youtube]

[youtube]WkI3zW2Unro?si=2NLTnZtuXIcYX_sC[/youtube]
posted on #2
TeeGee Supporter
Yes I remember the day... R.I.P. No doubt he was a great musician, very complex character. I don't think I would have liked him personally, but most likely he would think the same about me ;)

I often listen to his first solo album after the Beatles, "John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band" - and two tracks are always getting me goose bumps: Working Class Hero - the lyrics are sharp and cutting, and the vocals, just great.
[youtube]HmhLsE5woRw?si=u0afmlNUb8AkMy3G[/youtube]

The other song is God - a highly controversial song for any believer - but that was Lennon, sharp as an assassins knife, and he did know how to write what he felt.

[youtube]7TOOpHCZ4gA?si=YFaMCiVqudCoPuOy[/youtube]

P.S. I listened to this song when I was a teenager, and one line always got me thinking a lot, these were the days before internet google search and online lyrics: "I don't believe in cinnamon" - why would you not John?? I definitely saw a jar of it in my mothers spice rack, so why John why??? :D
Daddario EXL170
Daddario EXL170
Electric Bass String Set
22,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
ign1704066037
TeeGee wrote:P.S. I listened to this song when I was a teenager, and one line always got me thinking a lot, these were the days before internet google search and online lyrics: "I don't believe in cinnamon" - why would you not John?? I definitely saw a jar of it in my mothers spice rack, so why John why??? :D

I know you're joking, but for the sake of anyone baffled by this, the actual line is "I don't believe in Zimmerman," which is a reference to Mr. Robert "Bob Dylan" Zimmerman.

Image: The National Lampoon
ign1704066037 attached the following image:

============================================
"Talking about music is like dancing about architecture."
--Thelonius Monk
+1
posted on #4
TeeGee Supporter
I know the Zimmerman Dylan line for many years now, but yes, in the 70ies, that was cinnamon :D - I'll open up a separate thread about this ;)
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
This site is the best fun you can have with your instrument other than making love or live music. Guaranteed!
TeeGee from Germany

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy.