Home »Forum»Recording and mixing»Crap USB Interface :(

Crap USB Interface :(

posted on #1
Administrator
Hi people,

I bought one of [url=http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110755463790] these[/url] from some guy in Hong Kong (see [url=http://www.wikiloops.com/viewpage.php?page_id=2709]#2709[/url]) thinking I was getting a bargain - they look the same as the Behringer ones but they're only about 25% of the price.

My advice is to steer clear - it's noisy as hell, I struggled to get reliable recordings with the latency below 15-20ms, it's not very well made and pretty much unusable :(

Chris
Edited by ChrisB on 27-12-2011 11:00
posted on #2
Supporter
looking at it, I'm not too surprised to be honest... the struggle for the cheapes and well working continues... :)
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #3
Do you have ASIO driver?
Have you ever get a good interface before this one? You know how the whole thing work?

I was thinking of buying the exact same thing... ! If you tell me it's bad then i'll think twice :/

Thanks !

-Rick
posted on #4
Administrator
Yep, ASIO4ALL V2.1, lots of noise, couldn't get <15ms without the recording dropping out. I've got a Dell XPS laptop, about 1 year old. Switched to using the on-board soundcard, same ASIO driver, much cleaner sound, latency <3ms.

I'll make some recordings to demo the noise and post them here if that would be useful?
posted on #5
The Behringer UCG102 also comes with a limited edition version of Guitar Rig. You get 3 amps- Fender, Vox and Marshall- that you can use up to 30 minutes at a time without registering. You can register one of three for unlimited access- and still have limited access to the other two. I've been using it with Guitar Rig 5 and it has worked great.
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
abyssinal from United States

"I support wikiloops because it's a great way for musicians around the world to share ideas and not have their egos kill each other. Thanks."

wikiloops.com uses Cookies to provide you the best possible browsing experience.
Read more in our data privacy policy.