Home »Forum»Recording and mixing»Crap USB Interface :(

Crap USB Interface :(

posted on #1
User Avatar Administrator
Hi people,

I bought one of [url=http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110755463790] these[/url] from some guy in Hong Kong (see [url=http://www.wikiloops.com/viewpage.php?page_id=2709]#2709[/url]) thinking I was getting a bargain - they look the same as the Behringer ones but they're only about 25% of the price.

My advice is to steer clear - it's noisy as hell, I struggled to get reliable recordings with the latency below 15-20ms, it's not very well made and pretty much unusable :(

Edited by ChrisB on December 27 2011 11:00
posted on #2
User Avatar Supporter
looking at it, I'm not too surprised to be honest... the struggle for the cheapes and well working continues... :)
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #3
User Avatar Member
Do you have ASIO driver?
Have you ever get a good interface before this one? You know how the whole thing work?

I was thinking of buying the exact same thing... ! If you tell me it's bad then i'll think twice :/

Thanks !

posted on #4
User Avatar Administrator
Yep, ASIO4ALL V2.1, lots of noise, couldn't get <15ms without the recording dropping out. I've got a Dell XPS laptop, about 1 year old. Switched to using the on-board soundcard, same ASIO driver, much cleaner sound, latency <3ms.

I'll make some recordings to demo the noise and post them here if that would be useful?
posted on #5
The Behringer UCG102 also comes with a limited edition version of Guitar Rig. You get 3 amps- Fender, Vox and Marshall- that you can use up to 30 minutes at a time without registering. You can register one of three for unlimited access- and still have limited access to the other two. I've been using it with Guitar Rig 5 and it has worked great.
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
JimPanse from Germany

"I say it with John Miles: "Music was my first Love""

wikiloops.com uses Cookies to provide you the best possible browsing experience.
Read more in our data privacy policy.