Home »Forum»Open mic at the blue Iguana »We Need A Latin Category For Music.

We Need A Latin Category For Music.

posted on #1
Supporter
This has bugged me for a long time. We have a Samba category but a Latin category would cover several Latin types of music. Samba just doesn't cover the many different Latin styles that are out there.
Cody has Spoken !!:@
Edited by cody tripp on 24-06-2016 03:06
posted on #2
Good point, but should the samba category be included in latin i.e just renaming it? Or should there be a separate category for Latin except samba? Or should there be more latin categories?
Pure fingerstyle
posted on #3
Supporter
wouldn't the bossa nova category belong INTO that latin group as well? I wouldn't really mind merging bossa & samba, since both are rather small categories...
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #4
Supporter
If you merge them then in a few years the Samba will rise up and demand independence. Or make a referendum. Librtate Samba! :D
posted on #5
Supporter
LOL @ TG. I agree with Cody though: create a 'Latin' category and merge bossa and samba into it. There's so many variations in Latin styles that they can't be covered individually. Also, it's easy to get bossa/samba/salsa/etc wrong so one catch-all category would probably help them be seen and heard. :)
posted on #6
Supporter
I just feel 'Latin' covers everything in the Latin music field. Just like 'Rock' covers the many different forms of Rock music. You really wouldn't need 'Samba' or 'Salsa' categories etc...'Latin' covers that.
posted on #7
Supporter
Good point from Martin....maybe he can put up some rhythms as examples of each type...so we don't get it wrong ever again!
posted on #8
And a Soul/R&B.
-Zamzam & the MellyOmatic-
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
Telemetry from United States

"The place to jam now days is Wikiloops."

wikiloops.com uses Cookies to provide you the best possible browsing experience.
Read more in our data privacy policy.