Video Upload

posted on #1
Supporter
Hi guys!!

I just wanted to ask if it could be possible to load up videos on wikiloos.
I made videos with musik made by wikiloonians that are on my channel on FB but i don`t want to load them up on youtube.
It would be cool to share these videos with the wiki-comunity. Is it possible to load trhe up on the wikiserver?
Edited by Basster on 14-08-2016 20:43
Tha bass has to be a lil louder...!
posted on #2
Supporter
Hey Basster,
it would be technically possible to host video on the WL server, but considering the average file size of a halfways decent video (and the bandwidth needed to stream that on each view), I would rather not want to go there.
It is a budget issue after all, and video streaming is something that gets quite costly very quickly. So, sorry, but no, I don't think that will become available anytime soon.
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #3
Supporter
How about embedding youtube videos, would that be an option?
posted on #4
Supporter
well, you can embed YT video in this forum, where else would that make sense?
I think it is already possible in your profile/biography field, too, I'm not 100% sure, but I think it would work...
one could add an embed function to the comment section as well to allow posting videos below the used track... but I guess Stefan (basster) has a reason not to choose youtube for hosting.
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
Shi

"A friendly and welcoming place, it gives me the chance to be creative and have so much fun with an amazingly talented community. Thanks!"

wikiloops.com uses Cookies to provide you the best possible browsing experience.
Read more in our data privacy policy.