Video Upload

posted on #1
User Avatar Supporter
Hi guys!!

I just wanted to ask if it could be possible to load up videos on wikiloos.
I made videos with musik made by wikiloonians that are on my channel on FB but i don`t want to load them up on youtube.
It would be cool to share these videos with the wiki-comunity. Is it possible to load trhe up on the wikiserver?
Edited by Basster on 14-08-2016 20:43
Tha bass has to be a lil louder...!
posted on #2
User Avatar Supporter
Hey Basster,
it would be technically possible to host video on the WL server, but considering the average file size of a halfways decent video (and the bandwidth needed to stream that on each view), I would rather not want to go there.
It is a budget issue after all, and video streaming is something that gets quite costly very quickly. So, sorry, but no, I don't think that will become available anytime soon.
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #3
User Avatar Supporter
How about embedding youtube videos, would that be an option?
posted on #4
User Avatar Supporter
well, you can embed YT video in this forum, where else would that make sense?
I think it is already possible in your profile/biography field, too, I'm not 100% sure, but I think it would work...
one could add an embed function to the comment section as well to allow posting videos below the used track... but I guess Stefan (basster) has a reason not to choose youtube for hosting.
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
Bombjack from Germany

"yes, i did it! :-) I´m am proud to support this project! keep on the good work. Greats from a Deutschländer ..."

wikiloops.com uses Cookies to provide you the best possible browsing experience.
Read more in our data privacy policy.