Home »Forum»Open mic at the blue Iguana »About Steinfeld 2016..

About Steinfeld 2016..

posted on #1
Supporter
Hi guys

It's been a couple of days i returned from the Wikimeet in Steinfeld. Despite being back home in my life & routines, i still feel as if suspended & held back in Steinfeld, much like a dreamy state..

Due to various circumstances, i wasn't sure i could attend & i really must thank Wade for enticing me in more ways than one to attend - you must come he wrote, you must come.. Love you for that & so much more Wade !!
I did go & the whole thing blew my mind, from the moment i set foot in Cologne down to the last moment..

To cut a VERY long story short, it totally went beyond my expectations : fantastic venue, tip top organisation of the event - HUGE kudos to the guy at the helm of the WikiShip, Richard !! It was the coolest bunch of people i've met in a long time, some of them i left feeling as if we've been friends for a long while now.

When writing this post i began addressing a little comment to each person i met, jammed, talked, learned from but… you are just SO MANY this post would look like a phone book plus i was afraid of leaving out someone !! You know who you are & I ABSOLUTELY MUST THANK YOU WITH ALL MY HEART the wonderful time i had there - i only hope i didn't hogged either the conversations or the bass & stopped anyone from jamming ? And gave back as much as i took ? If i didn't i apologise, i was just SO excited by the whole thing - what a buzz

The jams were so cool, had a go at several styles & instruments i'd never tried before ( hello Mandolodda & those mandolin jams, Marceys sax playing friend & again Wade, OliV & Marmotte, my oh my !! :) ) someone even managed to convince me to jam in only 2 chords ( hello Wade, Kimbo & Nilton eh, eh, eh…. ) & had the privilege to jam with or listen to so many great musicians playing in a zero attitude atmosphere, laid back.. just incredible

When Dick addressed us all at the farewell/rap-up of the event, i must admit i had to hold on to keep the waterworks in check & not make a fool of myself..
I love you guys, had the time of my life & put my name down for the next one - preferably next month, regardless where…. Did you hear that Dick ??
Also a big heartfelt thank you to your wife & your Parents

Every single one of you rocks, i love my WikiTribe brothers in arms
Long live the Loops…. hugs

Nuno
plenty of time to rest when i'm dead...
posted on #2
Supporter
Trust me nuno mate when I say your wiki brothers and sisters where as priviledged to meet and play with you as you feel about them. Xxx
posted on #3
Supporter
lets prepare an old bus and do art on the road, Nice to meet you also in realy live nuno! cheerz
posted on #4
Supporter
earlsteven wrote:
lets prepare an old bus and do art on the road, Nice to meet you also in realy live nuno! cheerz

Ooooh, i like that idea, yes i do !!
Are we leaving next week ? I'll be there… ;)
posted on #5
Supporter
Kimbo

So sorry i missed you & didn't say a proper good bye but i was left under the impression you'd be at breakfast the next morning !!
No probs but careful.. i just MIGHT take you up on your offer, show up & knock on your door for some more wicked jamming… :D :D
Maybe even ''coinciding'' sometime Martin comes along too ? From now on the sky's the limit Mr. Master Groover..

Big hug from down south mate !!
N
posted on #6
Supporter
good to meet you ! entlich ;)
clusters Clusters CLUSTERS !!!!!!
posted on #7
Supporter
I would have loved to be able to write such a text, it's exactely what I feel, thanx for writing better than I could, I share each of your words and climb on the bus !
Love you wikiguys !
:)
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
Tutama from Portugal

"I know it's not much but my support is given, better days will come ... Thanks for creating this great Wikiloops community ..."

wikiloops.com uses Cookies to provide you the best possible browsing experience.
Read more in our data privacy policy.