Home »Forum»Open mic at the blue Iguana »Drum Machines Gone Wild!

Drum Machines Gone Wild!

posted on #1
Supporter
Hey folks,

I have been searching the latest jams looking for something to jump into, but I have noticed almost all of them are sequencer with some sort of canned or programmed drum track. Many are not even labeled as sequencer but still have a canned beat.

Now, I'm not saying anything bad about canned drumbeats (I would never do that B) ). I mean there is a time and a place for them :( , and I know there are not that many drummers around to cover all the songs, but this is getting a little outta hand... I cant find a jam!

Maybe a better idea is to do it like Ake :D , load the single track, then add a drum track later (canned if you must :o ), that way there is more opportunity for jams for all of us....:P

thanks,

rp3drums and his alter ego smiley...
rp3drums attached the following image:

rp3 (Raymond)
posted on #2
Supporter
Well, I'll do my best to keep you busy. I will not use a drum machine or loop as long as you are around :)
posted on #3
Supporter
I understand Ray,
The other solution is to upload Drums/guitar (for example) and put the guitar track without drums as HD track.
Then the wikiloopers could jam around wainting for (or not) true drums.

But I agree, some of new tracks have drums included but not mentioned or not removable.

Please, give our drummers some stuff to play!!!

Tof
posted on #4
Supporter
Thanks Tof. The HD track is a good idea and some do that. Although it isnt in the spirit of the Loops, but still it is a solution. I think the real thing here is there is no better feeling when a song is complete and everyone gets to join in and have fun and be creative. Plenty of solo acts over on that other site..... well you know where. :)
rp3 (Raymond)
posted on #5
Supporter
I agree Ray. The best thing here is to finsh the song by many and not on your own. That´s wikiloops IMO :)
Rockin´ in a free world !
posted on #6
Supporter
Yes thanks Adu. Lets spread the word to the rest of the Loopers! B)
rp3 (Raymond)
posted on #7
Supporter
It's a very good point you make, Raymond. I realise that a lot of players need some kind of drum guide for their recordings so completely understand why a lot of tracks have programmed drums on them. Also some Loopers, such as Cody, are brilliant drum programmers and present tracks with superb drums already on them - certainly drum quality that I can't compete with!

It's important to note that there's a raft of changes coming to Wikiloops which Dick previewed in Steinfeld. One of these will be multi-instrument adds, doing away with the 'sequencer' thing. This should help identify tracks with or without drums hopefully.
posted on #8
Supporter
mpointon wrote:
It's important to note that there's a raft of changes coming to Wikiloops which Dick previewed in Steinfeld. One of these will be multi-instrument adds, doing away with the 'sequencer' thing. This should help identify tracks with or without drums hopefully.

no doubt ! it certainly will help identify the tracks but that won't make more drumless jams available for that much ... members need to understand that sharing is great but it's even better if you leave the necessary room for fellow musicians to jump in and have fun TOGETHER ;)

that said there are gazillions of drumless jams around the wiki-pandora-box and it could definitely keep a drummer entertained for a life-long already ;)
Edited by OliVBee on 15-09-2016 13:21
clusters Clusters CLUSTERS !!!!!!
posted on #9
Supporter
You're absolutely right and, in a perfect world, all tracks would be single-instrument! I'd certainly agree Tof's approach, which is to use the HD upload to provide the same without drums, seems best and easiest. Perhaps HD should be renamed to 'single mix' or 'alternate mix'? I agree with Ray though, that many tracks have come and gone which I'd love to have put drums on but can't.

I could contact the uploader to get the mix but that just gets fiddly and can be time-consuming.
Edited by mpointon on 15-09-2016 14:36
posted on #10
Supporter
Thats true OliV, there are many tracks to add to. But when you want to work with contemporary tracks you notice that there is a trend of people using the machines.

Martin, dont sell yourself short, you are an excellent drummer and I would always prefer to hear you on a track keeping the beat than a machine... Cody is always open to uploading tracks w/o certain parts, which works.

I tell you what, when I use to be part of SounCloud I sampled all the other instruments so I could complete songs (I even sang :( ). Now I leave thos instruments to the pro's..... :)
rp3 (Raymond)
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
frenzie from Netherlands

"I simply love wikiloops! So great! :)"

wikiloops.com uses Cookies to provide you the best possible browsing experience.
Read more in our data privacy policy.