Home »Forum»Recording and mixing»Reverse engineering the sound of the jazz saxophone

Reverse engineering the sound of the jazz saxophone

posted on #1
Supporter
Why would I think about this? Totally academic. As said in the article: " This work has implications for understanding musical sound, synthesizing music, designing musical equipment, compressing music, recording technologies, composing, and for saxophone pedagogy." This place is about playing music. I guess there is room for musical navel gazing and theoretical discussions, yet after reading this I found nothing in any way is useful as a player or information that is new (classical sax sounds different to jazz and the mouthpieces we use are different).
Edited by Wade on 02-11-2016 01:25
posted on #2
Yes, it really does state the obvious. Even the authors acknowledge what you are talking about. It does get you thinking about frequencies though. Pretty odd isn't it. Makes me glad to be here at Wikiloops instead of in that environment where they expect you to write stuff like that.
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
ivax from Spain

"I think that Wikiloops is the dream that every musician had ever... to share ideas and projects, even is a form of collective learning, fusion of styles, good atmosphere among friends, always with respect..."

wikiloops.com uses Cookies to provide you the best possible browsing experience.
Read more in our data privacy policy.