Downturn in BPM

posted on #1
Supporter
Anyone noticed there is a significant downturn in BPM when a track is uploaded?
Checked it with my DAW and windows media player, and the downturn in tempo is already noticeable after a few bars.
My latest upload”Grooveke two” lost all his punch due to the downturn and you can’t hardly speak of a groove anymore.
Very annoying….or am I the only one with this tempo issue, if so then there must be something wrong on my side of the wire.
posted on #2
Supporter
now thats a really odd experience... please have a look and make sure the mp3 you supplied is not encoded in 48kHz for some reason, that would be the only explanation that I can think of right away. If that gets played back at the usual 44.1 rate, it would sound as you described.
I didn't touch any of the mp3 handling bits on the loops, so I'd be very surprised to learn theres something bugged there. Odd.
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #3
Supporter
Thanks Dick for the fast replay.
Mastered the track in Ozone 7 with a bitrate of 320kbps with sample rate 44100 and 16 bit depth.No problems when transferring from my DAW to laptop and played with windows media player.
posted on #4
Supporter
please do me the favor and download the file from wikiloops and test that download against the pre-uploaded file... this is really odd. Of course, by now your mp3 is transferred across quite a chain of servers, but that shouldn't really impact the sound the way you describe.
It might be the in-browser player as well, maybe that can be excluded by testing the download locally as suggested above.
Thanks for reporting in!
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #5
Supporter
Nothing wrong with wikiloops: downloaded the track from Wiki and imported it in my DAW, compared it with the original MP3 ….both waveforms was exactly the same.
Connected the audio out from the laptop to my DAW,played the track from Wikiloops and recorded it………and there it was, not as much as I thought, but sure enough plain to see and to hear, the waveform was even longer and at the end of the song everything was all messed up. Odd for sure.
Thanks Dick!
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
incivanpico from Germany

""This is WikiLoOps!...it is what it is Guy's!"...The Best! "

wikiloops.com uses Cookies to provide you the best possible browsing experience.
Read more in our data privacy policy.