Home »Forum»Hey there...»How best to get from Cardiff to Steinfeld for 2017 Festival?

How best to get from Cardiff to Steinfeld for 2017 Festival?

posted on #1
User Avatar Supporter
Hello Loopers! I am planning to attend the Annual Wikiloops Jam for August 2017. Will be in Cardiff prior to it and wondering if anyone has suggestions for how to get from there to Steinfeld? Present best looks like fly Cardiff to Amsterdam Schiphol and then figure a train trip. Any previous experiences that the Wikiloops Community can share? Not long now!! ;)
posted on #2
Kimbo is the man to ask for that ;)
posted on #3
Founder
i just had a quick look at the map...
since there seem to be no flights Cardiff -> Cologne, the second best idea is to fly Cardiff -> Düsseldorf wich is both quicker and closer than going to Amsterdam and continuing by train...

You could go Cardiff Airport -flight> Düsseldorf Airport (DUS) -train> Cologne (Main Station) -train> Urft / Steinfeld with just one train-switch in cologne (or maybe a wiki-car shuttle from cologne...), so that would be quite convenient & quick too. Train from DUS to Urft should take max 2 hours, Amsterdam-Urft might take half a day.

The other option would be to meet with some other brits who are taking the chunnel/car trip. I'm happy to help getting you in, don't worry, we've done worse than this :)
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #4
User Avatar Supporter
Cheers Dick and TeeGee, flight Cardiff to Dusseldorf is a brilliant tip. Timing not yet nailed down, need One more thing to fall in place then good to go. Will keep you posted. Cheers, Brian :)
posted on #5
User Avatar Supporter
Keep in touch, gwailoah. i'd love to go to Steinfeld, but a lot of things will have to fall in place before it can happen. If I do go, I'll drive from Cardiff to avoid a repeat of this unfortunate scenario[wl]109697[/wl] (Just testing the new embed function)
"All music is folk music. I aint never heard no horse sing a song".
Louis Armstrong
posted on #6
You better speak to Kimbo, he made that trip 4 times already so he can give you a few pointer.

If you got a few people from the UK travelling you could consider going by car and sharing the cost?
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
TommyDarko from United States

"I love WikiLoops because I can collab with other musicians. I also love to jam out to great indie tracks-most are better than today's hits! "

Please note: As you are visiting wikiloops, any personal data that is being processed is treated in compliance to the European General Data Protection Regulation.
You may review our data privacy policy to learn how and why we are using Cookies and other techniques as we are providing our service to you.