Home »Forum»Open mic at the blue Iguana »Wikiloops member meeting 2017

wikiloops member meeting 2017

posted on #1
Supporter
Hey there!

For the 4th time running, we will be having ourselfs another
wikiloops member meeting in Germany in 2017

Starting Thursday, the 31th of August and ending Sunday the 3rd of September,
once again at the historic monastery in Steinfeld where we've also jammed last year
- for those who may have missed it and would like to get some idea what the event looks and feels like, here's the link to the video documentation of last years event once more:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_enidEomec

If you would like to join us, here is the procedure how to register and the most important bits of information for you:

How to get there:
The location is 53925 Steinfeld, Germany, about one hour drive west of Cologne.
It can be reached by public transport to either Train station "Kall" or "Urft/Steinfeld" on the train route between Cologne and Trier; the closest airport is Cologne, Duesseldorf (DUS) is also within reach.
We are providing shutteling and help getting there to our non-german vsitors, so do not hesitate to contact me if you need help figuring out some trip details.

What is provided and needs to be "booked" ahead of time, and what can be done on short notice?
For those who'd like to attend the whole event, we are offering accomodation and full catering at the monasterys guesthouse at approx. 65€ per night including breakfast, lunch and dinner. These services need to be reserved via wikiloops ahead of time, and we will ask for a pre-payment to make sure there will be no losses on wikiloops end in case someone can not show up and we have to pay for a reserved but empty bed. The guesthouse offers a variety of room standards, mostly double-bedded rooms. If you have special preferrences like needing a single room, please register early, these will go quick :)
You may come and visit the event as a "day visitor" without any pre-registration of bed & food as well.
In either case, we'll be asking for additional 65,-€ per person to cover the cost of the jamming areas in the academy building, where we will once more provide seperate areas for acoustic and amplified jamming.
Again, we will be providing the basic PA & gear needs, and instruments shall be brought by you guys - feel free to let others know what you are bringing and if you are OK to let others use that, too, so we don't end up with 17 guitar amps ;)

We'll be happy to figure out the deal thats suits you best, feel free to get in touch with me (Dick) by wikiloops-message if you have any special questions.

How to get started?
The whole registration procedure is based on first-come-first-served, capacity is not unlimited, so please go right ahead and enter your wikiloops user name (mind, I need the username to know whom to contact!) in the following doodle calendar to register:

http://doodle.com/poll/35294s68dghgw5gn#table

If you do not have any things to contact me about prior to that, I will get in touch with you about the pre-payment and any other things by personal wikiloops-message sometime in early may.

There we go again, hope to see you there!
:Y :Y :Y :Y :Y :Y :Y :Y :Y :Y :Y :Y :Y :Y :Y :Y
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #2
Supporter
I'm in I'm in I'm in :D :D :D *hyperventilating already*

Bringing my 50 W tube amp with me - can be played on by other guitarists for sure.
posted on #3
Supporter
will_C (and hear) you there ;o)
Life is.
posted on #4
Supporter
Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this year, have something else on for that weekend. I'm sure you all will have a great time, enjoy!
posted on #5
Supporter
jmrukkers wrote:
Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this year, have something else on for that weekend. I'm sure you all will have a great time, enjoy!

What a shame...I was looking forward playing your cigar box guitar again :(
posted on #6
Supporter
You have to endure me as every year! : D
If TG brings his amplifier, I do not need to bring my own this year! Cool!!! I'll bring my guitars along and finish. ;)
Rockin´ in a free world !
posted on #7
Supporter
:o Damned, I have a festival gig that Saturday :@
And I was so looking forward to come again... so I guess I will have to start investigating if a Thursday 'till Saturday-morning is doable.
posted on #8
Supporter
I can't wait🙊😎
posted on #9
Supporter
<3:W:Y
posted on #10
Supporter
TeeGee wrote:

Bringing my 50 W tube amp with me - can be played on by other guitarists for sure.

please sir can I have a go!?
posted on #11
Supporter
kimbo wrote:
TeeGee wrote:

please sir can I have a go!?

Of course you can :)
posted on #12
Supporter
Really trying to wangle making it there. May just make it but will be seriously jet lagged. That should be OK if the are others who want to play all night and sleep all day.
posted on #13
Supporter
Hey wade .... you know that's how it works anyhow!
posted on #14
Supporter
kimbo wrote:
Hey wade .... you know that's how it works anyhow!

Naw, you guys just don't sleep. I gotta have my box with some dirt from the homeland.
posted on #15
Supporter
Nice video from your home by the way....
posted on #16
Supporter
Wade wrote:
Really trying to wangle making it there. May just make it but will be seriously jet lagged. That should be OK if the are others who want to play all night and sleep all day.

Oh just wangle along, it will be fine!! Last time there was stuff going on until 4 in the morning at least, so... I am sure there will be some insomniacs around :D
Edited by TeeGee on 12-04-2017 14:51
posted on #17
Supporter
kimbo wrote:

Thanks Kimbo. The welcome mat is out. A bit further to fly though.

Sorry about your guitar case. I make up instrument cases from unrecognizable things like ordinary flight cases, or cover plywood cases I make with thin aluminium sheeting so that it resists impact. I then blow foam into the cavity in the top and bottom half with the instrument wrapped in shrink wrap. Makes for a solid case in which nothing can move and it takes any kind of impact. Part of it is that it's unrecognizable as an instrument case so doesn't attract abuse from goons. Having hooks for handles or a strap and not leaving the handle or strap attached means they can't easily throw it. Could probably still have wheels (I like that idea).
posted on #18
Supporter
TeeGee wrote:
Wade wrote:

Oh just wangle along, it will be fine!! Last time there was stuff going on until 4 in the morning at least, so... I am sure there will be some insomniacs around :D

Thanks TeeGee. We'll see what's possible. Usually takes me a week to get adjusted to that 12 hour difference (day is night, night day). I may be pretty useless. Normally I'd arrive in Europe at least a week earlier. Can't do that this year. Was not so much a problem when I was in my 50s and younger. In my 70s it's getting a bit difficult. Heck, I'm just glad I've still got my marbles and nuts!

Cheers Tee Gee.
posted on #19
Supporter
Wade wrote:
kimbo wrote:

Thanks Kimbo. The welcome mat is out. A bit further to fly though.

Sorry about your guitar case. I make up instrument cases from unrecognizable things like ordinary flight cases, or cover plywood cases I make with thin aluminium sheeting so that it resists impact. I then blow foam into the cavity in the top and bottom half with the instrument wrapped in shrink wrap. Makes for a solid case in which nothing can move and it takes any kind of impact. Part of it is that it's unrecognizable as an instrument case so doesn't attract abuse from goons. Having hooks for handles or a strap and not leaving the handle or strap attached means they can't easily throw it. Could probably still have wheels (I like that idea).

Exactly how I made this one.... And iguess that's why the guitar survived. So this year will be folding nob again.
posted on #20
Supporter
Should have been..."job" not nob..😁
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
Reaper421 from Canada

"I've had tons of fun on here and met a lot of awesome musicians!"

wikiloops.com uses Cookies to provide you the best possible browsing experience.
Read more in our data privacy policy.