Thumbs Down

posted on #1
Supporter
What about getting rid of the thumbs down?? Tracks are rated on the number of thumbs up. ???? - Slim
posted on #2
Supporter
i've been thinking down that line, too - opinions, please!
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #3
I never used the dislike button, if I do not really enjoy a jam, I simply do not vote for it. So, in my oppinion, get rid of it. ;)
-The computer should be doing the hard work. That's what it's paid to do, after all. - Larry Wall
posted on #4
Supporter
yes,there seems to be more very young people joining wiki,things like thumbs down could put them OFF playing for life.some arsehole gave a first jam thumbs down last week.whats that about?.to the person who did that.YOU ARE NOT WANTED.PRICK!
posted on #5
this is simple now in my head.... to be or not to be, that is the question!
posted on #6
Administrator
My personal preference would be to remove the thumbs-down option entirely. It seems to cause a lot of bad vibes and I can't think of any way in which having it actually benefits the community.

Can anyone suggest a good reason *not* getting rid of it?
posted on #7
Supporter
I agree. Thumbs down are not needed. Remove it, Dick. Good Idea
posted on #8
Supporter
gone it is :)

posted on #9
I asked the question why? last month, and now I will say I'm personally glad to see thumbs down button go.. Just my opinion but to me It really is the opposite of what I think wiki is all about. cheers :D
posted on #10
Supporter
well, lets not forget -
with thousands of tracks on here, we need to have ways of distinguishing the good from the crappy ones. The whole search result order is based on given thumbs and partly influenced by a track having remixes attached or not.
Me, personally, I believe the results are not really at their very best.
I'll open a new thread on this issue now, hope I'll get some feedback on this, too - I really enjoy having member decisions on stuff like that, gives me a much more confident feeling on making little changes... so go on reading please :)

posted on #11
Well really terrible/faulty remixes won't get thumbs up so that should be indication enough, no need for thumb down
posted on #12
what about 5 or 10 star rating for a track. simply thumb up or not voting is a bit .. black and white

and you could even differenciate in different things to vote about
Edited by Ben on 18-04-2012 00:59
posted on #13
Supporter
@ Ben
I have been considerng this option - see the secont thumb thread for that. The two big problems are: I'm runnning short on space on the interface, and more buttons=more confusion to those not familiar with wikiloops, 2nd: few people leave one thumb, who'd leave a multi-dimensional rating?

wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
abyssinal from United States

"I support wikiloops because it's a great way for musicians around the world to share ideas and not have their egos kill each other. Thanks."

wikiloops.com uses Cookies to provide you the best possible browsing experience.
Read more in our data privacy policy.