Home »Forum»Hey there...»Greetings from England😊

Greetings from England😊

posted on #1
Hi folks

I'm a beginner drummer but have started late in life. I'm 62 and have been learning for around 18 months. I have a lesson once a week with a local teacher.

I'm absolutely loving what I am learning. I don't find it particularly easy at times but it is so much fun.

I'm reaching the stage of wanting to play along with other like minded musicians. Not easy though. Finding this site however has been fantastic. I've already bookmarked a couple of tracks that I can play along too.

I'm looking forward to finding my feet here😊
Edited by Zimmerframe on 10-10-2017 19:55
If the World didn't suck, we'd all fall off!
posted on #2
Supporter
Good to have you here and recognizing the value of being able to pick up tracks and learn how to play with them. Will be listening for when you decide to post some back to us. Don't know if it will make you feel better but there are some players here (me included) a lot older than you. Music is so satisfying, and keeps us young!
posted on #3
Supporter
Welcome ! ;)
posted on #4
Supporter
Welcome :) it's never too late for music :W
posted on #5
Supporter
Welcome!
posted on #6
WELCOME and look forward to jamming with you:)
MIKEBINEZ
posted on #7
Supporter
Welcome to the 'Loops and the world of never-ending musical learning!

Whereabouts are you in Essex? I'm just north of you in South East Cambridgeshire. If you don't have the recording gear and want to get stuck in to a loop any time soon, drop me a line and you can record at mine!

You may be a self-confessed beginner but you've come to the right place. What I would've given to have a resource like this when I was starting out (come to think of it, the internet wasn't really around either!)!

The only advice I'll offer is just keep practising to tracks here and use your teacher to help guide you with any tricky bits or ideas you're stuck on. When I used to teach, I actively encouraged my students to spend at least 50% of their practice time just playing along to stuff - it stops the repetition and boredom if you're playing along to something.

If you need any playing advice or ideas for gear, you can always drop me a message if you want.
Edited by mpointon on 18-10-2017 15:57
posted on #8
I'm a few thousand miles away but can I come over, hang out and drink your liquor?
posted on #9
Supporter
As long as you like JD or Jim Beam, you're welcome!
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
kcsn from United States

"Forever Free for the growth of everyone!"

wikiloops.com uses Cookies to provide you the best possible browsing experience.
Read more in our data privacy policy.