Home » Forum » Feedback and Suggestions »
Downloads not being recognized

Downloads not being recognized

posted on #1
Shi Supporter
Hey the loops, I have downloaded a few wikiloops mp3's and wavs recently and now my recording software does not recognise the files. It's only been happening in the last few weeks. I thought at first that it was an internet problem but now I don't think so.Not sure what is happening but maybe there are gremlins afoot.....eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
thanks for reading :) Shi
+1
posted on #2
TeeGee Supporter
If you give us the track numbers we could test it on our software. I would think it is a problem related to you because otherwise there would be more people complaining about it. What software are you using?
+1
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Electric Guitar
159 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
GrooveEnth
I've also seen this with files downloaded from filepool. Possibly an OS codec issue because none of the programs I use on that machine (audacity, reaper, sonar, media player) could recognise the file but other users told me they could. In fact, I couldn't even play the file using the Wikiloops web player. Here's a link to a 'broken' file. Note that the same file when uploaded as a normal remix could be downloaded and played..
+1
posted on #4
Dick Supporter
@grooveEnth: I removed the link you provided, it was access protected for non-band-members anyways - and it was referrencing the BETA domain, too, not sure if you are still using that (the w10. domain).

What would be interesting to test if there is a difference in behaviour between tracks which were converted to mp3 by the wikiloops converter (those should offer the mixed file as a .wav download, then), or wether these are mp3s which were uploaded as mp3s.
That way I might be able to trace down the issue.

Links/IDs to single tracks as requested by TeeGee would definetly be helpfull, too,
thank you :)
posted on #5
Shi Supporter
Thank you guys for the kind replies, much appreciated :) I shall see what happens !
posted on #6
Neronick
I am going to collect your message in my memory's category "strange things happens".
I noticed that the media player changes the file size of a new rendered file after the first listening. Per example, from 7048 to 7049 KB. Don't know why. You can check this if you create an untouched copy of the file before you listen.
Strange things happens.
Can't believe you downloaded a file which you haven't heard in a player before.
I wish we could live in a more transparent world. If I create some bytes, it would be nice to upload them, download them, upload them again and download again, etc. and no bit of any byte has changed.
But of course, in former times you could ruin a LP if you listened to it with a broken needle or gave it to a friend. :)
Please give me a PM if you can't listen to my music or if you can't read this post.
:)
posted on #7
GrooveEnth
For the files that I can't download/play the saved 'mp3' is actually a small text file that contains an error-message from the website....

<b>Warning</b>: readfile(1508787662_mikes guitar.mp3): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed!

edit by Dick: Thanks for posting, I removed the full error message, no need to expose full file path here to bots & such :)
+1
posted on #8
Dick Supporter
Hey,
moved this one to the Feedback & dev-stuff forum since it is getting a little technical here :)
@shi: please do let me know if the problem persists.

@GrooveEnth: I took the freedom to invite myself to that band of yours - turned out the blank space in "mikes guitar" prevented the download, I built a quick workaround and checked, seems to work as expected now (file played in media player, too).

Happy friday & as always thanks for feedback & reports, Shi & GrooveEnth :)
+2
Fender AV II 63 TELE RW RED TRANS
Fender AV II 63 TELE RW RED TRANS
Electric Guitar
2.249 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #9
GrooveEnth
Thanks Dick - great work! :)
posted on #10
GrooveEnth
Thanks Dick - great work! :)
posted on #11
Shi Supporter
Hey guys, just to let you know that I have managed to download and then upload a finished track and everything went really well.
I had a bit of a hardware issue and that's why things were going a bit banananananas. So thanks so much for your kind suggestions and help. I appreciate it very much, Shi :)
+2
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
Just a few words about wikiloops..."It's Fun"!
laffingduc from United States

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy.