Home »Forum»Feedback and Suggestions»Instrument changes after other peoples adds

Instrument changes after other peoples adds

posted on #1
User Avatar Member
HI,

Just a quick one, I've noticed a couple of times that I've added drums and percussion to a track, then later when someone else has added to my tree, it changes it from drums and percussion to a sequencer! is this a bug?

Im not sure if it happens all the time, but heres an example :-

#120539 - drums/percussion
#123103 - sequencer

Thanks

Regards

Paul
Edited by pconey on December 10 2017 13:35
posted on #2
Founder
Hey Paul,
yup, that is a bug it seems... darn.
The fallback to Sequencer is probably totally strange to you, so let me at least give a quick explanation on why that happens:
The sequencer instrument used to be used as the wildcard option to indicate "this track includes more than just one single added instrument", and the option to "declare" which instruments were added in such multiple instrument ads is built on top of that "wildcard" choice.
Obviously, the distinct declaration is not moved onto the remixes correctly, I'll have to check that, thx for the report.
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #3
User Avatar Member
Great stuff Dick, thanks for the reply!

Fabulous work you are doing here! I work with software myself so spot little things.

Thanks a lot - cheers

Paul
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
Dino from The World

"This is an AWESOME resource that we as musicians, regardless of skill level, must nourish and keep alive! "

Please note: As you are visiting wikiloops, any personal data that is being processed is treated in compliance to the European General Data Protection Regulation.
You may review our data privacy policy to learn how and why we are using Cookies and other techniques as we are providing our service to you.