Home »Forum»Recording and mixing»Another question for BASSISTS (preamp, di box)

another question for BASSISTS (preamp, di box)

posted on #1
User Avatar Member
Hello friends...

It's time for me to get preamp. I got two types

1. Ampeg SCR-DI
Ampeg sound is my preferred sound... but... I found many completely different reviews about this preamp. Do someone have any experience with that? Scrambler is less important for me...

2. GK Plex
Have much more options. 4 band eq, usb, etc. but I already have a compressor, tuner, interface.

I'll be thankful for any advice.
Without music, life would be a mistake
posted on #2
User Avatar Supporter
I have two setups for recording bass, For the last year I have used a sansamp rpm unit and love its sound For the last month I have been using an Avid Eleven rack and it is versitile but I still think the RPM unit has a slight lead as far as which sounds best.
posted on #3
User Avatar Supporter
PierreOghi wrote:
Hello friends...

It's time for me to get preamp. I got two types

1. Ampeg SCR-DI
Ampeg sound is my preferred sound... but... I found many completely different reviews about this preamp. Do someone have any experience with that? Scrambler is less important for me...

2. GK Plex
Have much more options. 4 band eq, usb, etc. but I already have a compressor, tuner, interface.

I'll be thankful for any advice.

I'm using the Ampeg SCR-DI, and i love it! <3 Only thing i miss on that one would be a compressor.... if you have too much money you could go for a Darkglass box ;)

When recording on Wikiloops i hook the bass up to the Ampeg SCR-DI, and a balanced output to my sound card. I sometimes apply a compressor in my DAW, but lately i am just using Amplitude VST to get some cabinet/amp simulation :)
posted on #4
User Avatar Member
Too much money... a not about risking for that B)

Especially I just made a deal for digitech bass synth wah
posted on #5
User Avatar Supporter
I used:
Bass driver DI.
VT bass v2.
VT bass DI.
Two notes Lebass.
Darkglass b7k.
AMT crunch cb1.
And actually since 14months I use and abuse Bass driver DI v2 ...
And a dual compressor, my overdrive is Darkglass B3k, or a VST of Maxon Tube Screamer.
Edited by Evilvince on January 12 2018 11:03
If you read French ;)
http://forum.onlybass.com/
posted on #6
User Avatar Member
OK... I fixed my deals.

Now I got little pedalboard like this

1. Ampeg SCR-DI
2. Ashdown dualband compressor
3. Digitech Bass Synth Amp
4. Reason DAW

Now I need Your help about conception. Is it right?

https://www.img.wikiloops.com/galleries/33129/files/51324c48f5b076d209a23697a9f009b4.jpg
Edited by PierreOghi on January 12 2018 13:39
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
Carpenter from Germany

"Wikiloops is the best way to start recording your music and becoming a better musician. I love this friendly, creative and musical place. "

Please note: As you are visiting wikiloops, any personal data that is being processed is treated in compliance to the European General Data Protection Regulation.
You may review our data privacy policy to learn how and why we are using Cookies and other techniques as we are providing our service to you.