Home »Forum»Feedback and Suggestions»Select backtracks given the lyrics language

Select backtracks given the lyrics language

posted on #1
User Avatar Member
Hello,

I don't know if this is possible (it doesn't seem) but it could be nice To select backtracks given the lyrics language.

BR,
Laurent
Edited by ellouidir on February 27 2018 13:51
posted on #2
Founder
Hmmmmm. I do get your point there :)
But as any categorizing system, this would need to start by letting people select the language as they enter the lyrics, so the first step to take would be offering that in the upload form.
I could eventually do a semi-manual review of the existing 5.200 lyrics... it is possible, but this one is one for the mid-term development requiring quite a lot of effort.
Squeezing in an extra filter on the search interface once someone picks the "has lyrics" filter will be the most annoying task, the wealth of options lets new visitors feel like they are supposed to fly a helicopter...
but it is a good idea for sure :)
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
posted on #3
User Avatar Member
May be we could use backtrack tags to set the language in future backtrack ? Something like "FrenchLyrics" or "EnglishLyrics" tag ...
posted on #4
Founder
that would of course be a very easy temporary solution :)
I'm not really 100% sure if all members are aware of the tags possibilities - if you are not a twitter regular, you probably won't be familiar with "branding" stuff by creating a custom hashtag... it works very beautifully,
but I've learned not to expect the loops community to pick up on all offered options. It's always good when single people start giving live examples of what can be done (same applies to the chord markup, btw).
If the hashtag "frenchvox" (or whatever you choose) starts returning a notable number of tracks, then more people will notice the option eventually... :)
"Sorry - had to do it!" - Les Claypool

yes, you are looking at the administrators signature.
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
Stef from Italy

"If someone had told me that one day I played with musicians from all over the world I would have taken for a madman. Today this is real! Thanks Dick "

Please note: As you are visiting wikiloops, any personal data that is being processed is treated in compliance to the European General Data Protection Regulation.
You may review our data privacy policy to learn how and why we are using Cookies and other techniques as we are providing our service to you.