Home »Forum»Recording and mixing»Always touching things

always touching things

posted on #1
User Avatar Supporter
ok new idea. ahhh this is killing me already. sound card good or no need? my PC has no internal sound card. i'm running off of mother Board. should i invest in internal or external sound card or no need. and if so what would you recommend. don't need surround sound strictly stereo recording any opinions or scenarios that could helpB) thanks
MIKEBINEZ
posted on #2
User Avatar Supporter
External USB A-D and D-A out two track-or stereo that handles Mics too with phantom power--plus midi in and out

if you have stereo or two tracks capability you can You on Guitar and when eGil comes to visit -him on Bass and RP3Drums run a midi line in to record drums----ALL at once with the D-A you can run that out to speakers, but they usually have headphones
posted on #3
User Avatar Supporter
that sounds great any particular brand / company you recommend? thanks buddy
MIKEBINEZ
posted on #4
User Avatar Supporter
I have an old Tascam--records super clean but I know there are some good ones out there
posted on #5
User Avatar Supporter
I would recommend a cheap Steinberg, M-Audio, Presonus or Focusrite :)

But for now, the first thing you do after reading this message, download and install this:

http://www.asio4all.org/downloads_11/ASIO4ALL_2_14_English.exe

This will make your motherboard sound card ASIO compatible and latency free! After installing be sure to select ASIO driver in your DAW! :) Happy recording!
posted on #6
User Avatar Supporter
Thanks Gil. i could never select ASIO. hope this helps
MIKEBINEZ
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
wikibeb from France

"merci à tous de bien vouloir soutenir wikiloops en devenant membre supporter afin que ce formidable site reste libre et indépendant "

Please note: As you are visiting wikiloops, any personal data that is being processed is treated in compliance to the European General Data Protection Regulation.
You may review our data privacy policy to learn how and why we are using Cookies and other techniques as we are providing our service to you.