Home » Forum » Open mic at the Blue Iguana »
How do I get away from logging on to wikiloops by Facebook?

How do I get away from logging on to wikiloops by Facebook?

posted on #1
Dick Supporter
I have received a users request on how to unmangle ones wikiloops account from logging in by facebook this morning.
I am going to share my response here, so it is available to anyone who may have been considering changing from Facebook login to manual login.
This will only be relevant for anyone who used the "Log in with Facebook" option while wikiloops offered that.
Looking at the recent news, you will probably understand why I chose to discontinue offering the option to new users quite a while ago...

Untangling your wikiloops account from Facebook is quite simple,
here is what you will need to do to receive a password to log in to wikiloops manually:

- log out of facebook and wikiloops

- visit wikiloops and click on "Sign in"

- in the opening dialog, click on "Request a new password here"

- on the wikiloops password recovery page, enter the email address you used with your facebook account and submit the form

- you will receive a validation email first, please click on the included verification link

- you will then receive a second email with a new password

- return to wikiloops and log in with your user name & newly created password

- I'd recommend to visit your profile -> edit profile page to change that password to something you can easily remember.

If you plan to continue using facebook, then the automatic log in on wikiloops will continue to work, too.

To remove / review the websites you are entering with Facebook auth, please visit your "Settings" page on Facebook and open the "Apps" segment.
+1
posted on #2
LeftTheLoops9-18
Mark Zuckerberg will not be pleased.
+1
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Harley Benton TE-52 NA Vintage Series
Electric Guitar
159 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
eGiL
Relativity wrote:

Lol he can Zuck it :D
posted on #4
LeftTheLoops9-18
eGiL wrote:
Relativity wrote:

Lol he can Zuck it :D

Shhhhhh. Hes listening and watching.....
+1
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
WikiLoops: Fantastic invention, peaceful atmosphere. No matter from which planet you are. A musical enrichment!
ericblom from Netherlands

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy.