USB Mic

posted on #1
Administrator
Can anyone recommend a decent but inexpensive USB microphone? We'd be using it for recording vocals and a variety of instruments - piano, clarinet, ukelele....
posted on #2
Supporter
I was just looking at reviews on Amazon.com for some USB mics.

One review after another led me on and on to other products, getting increasingly more expensive.

They almost seem like a gamble -- with some people saying one or another works great! And then other people say no, it's crap.

Well here is the site (USA -- but click on the links and read the reviews) -- might be helpful.

I didn't end up getting any just yet, btw. But I'm leaning toward the Blue Icicle (even though it's made of plastic...) for its overall pretty good reviews and inexpensive price. BUT I have not tried it yet myself!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_11?url=search-alias%3Dmi&field-keywords=blue+icicle+usb+preamp&sprefix=blue+icicle%2Cmi%2C385

~Jan
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
donnersm from Netherlands

"I support wikiloops because it is a creative platform. And most of all, there is nothing more creative than making your own music and sharing it."

wikiloops.com uses Cookies to provide you the best possible browsing experience.
Read more in our data privacy policy.