Home »Forum»Recording and mixing»If this isnt motivation....

If this isnt motivation....

posted on #1
[youtube]co_57iTPRv0[/youtube]
posted on #2
User Avatar Supporter
'76, wow - tape machines, me being in the studios for the very first time (at EMI Electrola in Cologne, Germany), that was a good time.

It's also where I learned bass playing, there in the studios. I learned that bass is often recorded directly into that huge mixing console, and that my Ibanez Jazz Bass copy had terrible hum from its single coil pickups - all things you don't hear while practising, or blasting out sound waves via an Ampeg SVT with its two 'fridges'.

So for me it wasn't a basement - we couldn't afford all that stuff. But now it is different for sure. A 200€ or $ interface or even less gets you a long way with digital now.

What stayed the same tho is that once you have those headphones on, and listen to your single track, you realize how much work you still have to do until you sound like Boston ;)

Thanks for that video, Joe!

Cheers,
Wolfgang
Edited by wjl on May 13 2018 09:22
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
Uloisius from Europe

"Without wikiloops I would have stayed forever silent ;o)"

Please note: As you are visiting wikiloops, any personal data that is being processed is treated in compliance to the European General Data Protection Regulation.
You may review our data privacy policy to learn how and why we are using Cookies and other techniques as we are providing our service to you.