Home »Forum»Open mic at the Blue Iguana »Where to stay in Paris?

Where to stay in Paris?

posted on #1
User Avatar Supporter
Hi all,

my daughter, wife & me want to spend a week in Paris in about 4 weeks from now. What's the best possible place to stay, cost-wise? Youth hostel? B&B? Any tips on where we should look?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Wolfgang
posted on #2
User Avatar Supporter
Last time I went to Paris I rented an appartment in Montmartre for 450 euros for one week. This woman rent her personnal appartment (cash money).

If you are interested I can get her phone number.
:o
posted on #3
User Avatar Supporter
Thanks Rob. We just booked something in that area already. Now we know that we'll be going - which is great :) Haven't been there since I was 20 or so myself...

Our daughter wants to see the Louvre, and everything else as well hehe... I guess we won't have much time then :D
Edited by wjl on May 30 2018 20:24
posted on #4
User Avatar Member
If you are a member of the german middle class and you know the beauty of France from your "youth" you might notice a economic change now.
In the old days a DM had the value of 3 FF. Then 2 DM changed to 1€ and 6 FF changed to 1€, too.
Now the prices in germany are mostly the same in Euros as the had been in DM. But you'll find the same phenomene in France: a "french" Euro is worth an old Franc after 17 years of economic developement.

By the way: My beloved camping space almost doubled the prices last year because his son has a new economic concept: pay twice for the same spot.
:)
Paris is worth a visit. I had met the girl I married later at l'arc de triomphe.
:)
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
ALawrence1 from United States

"This site is a dream come true! Thank you for everything!"

Please note: As you are visiting wikiloops, any personal data that is being processed is treated in compliance to the European General Data Protection Regulation.
You may review our data privacy policy to learn how and why we are using Cookies and other techniques as we are providing our service to you.