Home » Forum » Open mic at the Blue Iguana »
Android based multi track? Phone based 'Loop-ing

android based multi track? Phone based 'Loop-ing

posted on #1
BuzzBomber
does anyone use their phone as the main device for 'loop-ing? I want to get a decent app for my android device. any recommends?

before you answer consider this, I want to be able to record anywhere, in the car, on the go, the construction site, what ev,- the downside is, you could wind up hearing me "sing" a lot more often. I figure i have logged way more hours on my table leg, and so want to vocalize more often to "catch up." an effort to improve.

But seriously, does anyone have an opinion on android based multi track apps? n-track is like $30 bucks. Any users? anyone using an android app they like to do multi track?

thanx - buzz
posted on #2
KMstar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBczERAF0NE you may be better off with a handheld recorder, but they are few hundred, this has a free version
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky Gitarrensaiten
Saitensatz für E-Gitarre
5,90 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
KMstar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBczERAF0NE you may be better off with a handheld recorder, but they are few hundred, this has a free version
+1
posted on #4
BuzzBomber
thanks! I am just toying around with this idea because I want tpo be able to participate while i am on the road for work, and avoid taking much (or any) extra equipment along.

My phone actually makes pretty good recordings

$30 ain't out of the question, i Just want it to be better than the free stuff.
+1
posted on #5
BuzzBomber
After trying every multi track and voice over app I could find on Google play store, I have settled on Evolution Multitrack Mobile.

It works like i expect multitrack software to work, has live mixing monitoring, and some effects. It automatically addressed latency.
It costs $7.00 .

A lot of the other software was junk.
One was more expensive ($30), and one that looked good had no trial($3.49), and I encountered hardware issues with several other apps. The $30 app was really good, and the features and effects were good, bUT it was more complicated. The more expensive one also used the battery faster, and i noticed my phone heating up as i held it.

I will be trying it out over the weekend so keep an eye (ear?) on the boards for samples!
my choice is: Evolution Multitrack Mobile
+3
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
When I first seen this site I just could not believe the things you could do with other musicians, gone from strength to strength and its all dong to everyone as great musicians, long may it continue.
tron12 from Ireland

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy.