Home »Forum»Hey there...»Hello from Suffolk UK

Hello from Suffolk UK

posted on #1
User Avatar Member
Found WLoops via a bass forum. Looks (sounds) great.

Two daughters and a pretty full on job often trip me up when following my muse, making bands, jam sessions etc hard to sustain. This approach looks promising.

I will probably lurk for a bit then dip my toe in.

Also: could I have a 'k' on the end of my username please? Reg process didn't allow 11 letters and I can't find how to edit it now I'm in.

Many thanks and all the best
Paul
posted on #2
User Avatar Supporter
Jump into loops when you want.
Here no complex, just sharing :)
Discover the site, the musicians and especially amuses you!
Welcome here.
posted on #3
User Avatar Supporter
bublnsquea wrote:
Found WLoops via a bass forum. Looks (sounds) great.

Hi Paul, and welcome to the 'loops!

Cool that you found us - may I ask where that was?

bublnsquea wrote:Also: could I have a 'k' on the end of my username please? Reg process didn't allow 11 letters and I can't find how to edit it now I'm in.

Many thanks and all the best
Paul

Ask Richard aka Dick aka Baer aka MrSnuts, or any of the team members in https://www.wikiloops.com/credits.php - don't know how many characters are possible, but they will surely try to help.

Again, welcome, and have fun!

Cheers,
Wolfgang
posted on #4
User Avatar Member
Thank you both for your kind welcomes.

I've pm'd Dick about the 'k'

Found Wloops on either Basschat or Basstalk can't remember which but one person mentioned it and others came back with positive vibes.

Thanks again
Paul
posted on #5
User Avatar Supporter
welkome to the loops from a k.:)
he who works with his hands, is a labourer
he who works with his hands and his head, is a craftsman
he who works with his hands, his head, and his heart, is an artist.....(I try not to work)
posted on #6
welcome aboard ! don't forget to have fun ;)
clusters Clusters CLUSTERS !!!!!!
posted on #7
User Avatar Supporter
Welcome fellow East Anglian. Which bit of Suffolk are you? I'm near Newmarket but to the west just inside Cambridgeshire.
posted on #8
User Avatar Member
I'm in Elmswell - Just the other side of Bury from you.

But once my partner sees your Jack Daniel's avatar she will be urging me to get more involved.
posted on #9
User Avatar Member
Being new at this I have been doing a bit of research on the DAW mixing side of things.
I been gently using Audacity for a while but I have just discovered CuBase, Ableton etc etc.
Learning is the thing that drives me so I am being drawn away from making music by yet another distraction.

Waiting for my USB midi controller from eBay and I have a free copy of CuBase that came with a Zoom pedal - more expense.

Paul
posted on #10
User Avatar Supporter
Ditto - other half love the JD too! Yes, you're not far. Just a shame I'm not able to play at the moment due to my surgery! But I reckon, once I'm play-fit again, some collabs should be in order!

I've been using Reaper since joining here a few years ago. It's a little clunky to use in places but just as powerful as any of the £200+ software you can get. You can use it free for 60 days and it's about £60 to fully license. Recording multi-track (usually 6-7 tracks) drums, I need something with more control than Audacity.

If you're getting Cubase with your interface, you'll be laughing. Excellent software - just beware of the infamous GAS when it comes to plugins! If you're on Windows, you'll also benefit greatly from the ASIO audio driver it'll come with which will make latency far less of a problem.
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
rtkradle from United States

"Wikiloops is an amazing platform to experiment with the styles of music that I never have had the opportunity to vocalize with. Thanks to all the excellent musicians/producers, the sound quality of the tracks are spectacular. "

Please note: As you are visiting wikiloops, any personal data that is being processed is treated in compliance to the European General Data Protection Regulation.
You may review our data privacy policy to learn how and why we are using Cookies and other techniques as we are providing our service to you.