Home » Forum » Musicians forum »
Drums No Drums ?

Drums No Drums ?

posted on #1
GBD
When searching “ Exclude Drums “ you never know what you will get. If your template or add has a drum track please indicate it even if you didn’t play the Drums this will help the search to be more accurate.:D :W
FYI Rock seems to be the worse 9 out of 10 tracks had a Drum track.
+3
posted on #2
pconey
Hey GBD,

Good point!

I've searched before and found the same thing as a drummer, and I think my conclusion was its just either forgetfulness or lazyness!

Perhaps Dick could send out a generic email to all members on here that reminds people to keep this database more tidy, but also to go back over their old tracks and check.

Its our repsonsiblity as members to make sure its as user friendly as possible, and that includes correctly labelling tracks, and also using the sounds like field.
+2
the t.bone Ovid System CC 100
the t.bone Ovid System CC 100
Condenser Clip Microphone for Ovid System
49 €
iThis widget links to Thomann, our affiliate partner. We may receive a commission when you purchase a product there. Visit Shop
posted on #3
Tofzegrit Supporter
Good Point

I try to “teach” or “suggest” about using the good way each time I can.
The same about the use of “mixer” instead of “multi instruments”, using single track from others in a mix without mentioning...

And yes, as Paul said, it’s our responsibility to expose “natural rules” to others and especially when it concerns the searchin tool because it’s the base of this place as a jamming website.
+2
posted on #4
GBD
Since the data base already has a abundance of unreported drum tracks, maybe each song should have a button we could click to alert the presence of the unreported drum track and tag it accordingly for future searches.
+3
posted on #5
mpointon Supporter
It's also a throwback from the earlier days of the loops when multi-instrument tracks just went under the name 'sequencer'. I'm not sure, with the improvements Dick has made in the multi-instrument support, whether this helps with older tracks.

Nevertheless, I come across many tracks that interest me to find they have sequenced drums already on them.

Ultimately, as Tof and pconey points out, the system Dick has in place works very well but you can't account for what users do!

I like the idea of users being able to flag/update tracks with instruments on that aren't declared. I think 'crowdsourcing' the refining of searches is the only way to get the job done!
+1
posted on #6
eGiL
GBD wrote:
Since the data base already has a abundance of unreported drum tracks, maybe each song should have a button we could click to alert the presence of the unreported drum track and tag it accordingly for future searches.

Great idea! <3
+1
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
user profile image
I think that Wikiloops is the dream that every musician had ever... to share ideas and projects, even is a form of collective learning, fusion of styles, good atmosphere among friends, always with respect...
ivax from Spain

wikiloops uses Cookies and processes data in compliance with the GDPR,
as stated in our data privacy policy.