Home »Forum»Musicians forum»Drums No Drums ?

Drums No Drums ?

posted on #1
User Avatar Member
When searching “ Exclude Drums “ you never know what you will get. If your template or add has a drum track please indicate it even if you didn’t play the Drums this will help the search to be more accurate.:D :W
FYI Rock seems to be the worse 9 out of 10 tracks had a Drum track.
Edited by GBD on August 18 2018 23:44
posted on #2
User Avatar Member
Hey GBD,

Good point!

I've searched before and found the same thing as a drummer, and I think my conclusion was its just either forgetfulness or lazyness!

Perhaps Dick could send out a generic email to all members on here that reminds people to keep this database more tidy, but also to go back over their old tracks and check.

Its our repsonsiblity as members to make sure its as user friendly as possible, and that includes correctly labelling tracks, and also using the sounds like field.
posted on #3
User Avatar Supporter
Good Point

I try to “teach” or “suggest” about using the good way each time I can.
The same about the use of “mixer” instead of “multi instruments”, using single track from others in a mix without mentioning...

And yes, as Paul said, it’s our responsibility to expose “natural rules” to others and especially when it concerns the searchin tool because it’s the base of this place as a jamming website.
posted on #4
User Avatar Member
Since the data base already has a abundance of unreported drum tracks, maybe each song should have a button we could click to alert the presence of the unreported drum track and tag it accordingly for future searches.
posted on #5
User Avatar Supporter
It's also a throwback from the earlier days of the loops when multi-instrument tracks just went under the name 'sequencer'. I'm not sure, with the improvements Dick has made in the multi-instrument support, whether this helps with older tracks.

Nevertheless, I come across many tracks that interest me to find they have sequenced drums already on them.

Ultimately, as Tof and pconey points out, the system Dick has in place works very well but you can't account for what users do!

I like the idea of users being able to flag/update tracks with instruments on that aren't declared. I think 'crowdsourcing' the refining of searches is the only way to get the job done!
Edited by mpointon on August 20 2018 09:43
posted on #6
User Avatar Supporter
GBD wrote:
Since the data base already has a abundance of unreported drum tracks, maybe each song should have a button we could click to alert the presence of the unreported drum track and tag it accordingly for future searches.

Great idea! <3
wikiloops online jamsessions are brought to you with friendly support by:
frankyguitar from Germany

"Wikiloops, the first place for sharing my ideas in music. Meet fantastic musicians all over the world. I'm learning every day! You will love it!!"

Please note: As you are visiting wikiloops, any personal data that is being processed is treated in compliance to the European General Data Protection Regulation.
You may review our data privacy policy to learn how and why we are using Cookies and other techniques as we are providing our service to you.